Used 1999 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Been good to me
By morey000

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

After 6 years and 60K miles it has been a terrific vehicle. Reliability has been near perfect. Mileage has been 18 city and 20 hwy- not bad. The creature comforts and interior features in my LT are terrific, and with an after market set of tires it takes me where I need to go off road. It's been cost effective, functional and comfortable. I'm ready to buy a new SUV... as soon as I find one I like better.

4WD and off road capable. Great interior with all the features: leather, radio controls on steering wheel, seat memories, homelink, trip computer. Reasonable gas mileage for an SUV. Oh- I love the way the rear head rests automatically flip up when you fold the seats!

Tends to flip over in accidents and has a poor safety rating and record. Ride and handling quality not outstanding.

Cursed
By StopDropRoll

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

I bought mine with 30,000 miles. Initially, it performed well. At 56,000 miles altinator, starter replaced, heater quit. Heater, despite repeated repair remains unreliable. Many problems detected related to the coolant GM used. Most of the interior plastic moldings have worked themselves loose. Both front doors sagged and had to have pins replaced. Car jack rattles in storage. Brake rotors warped, were difficult and expensive to replace. Substantial play has developed in the steering. The engine is strong, but not efficent. Averages 16 mpg. Mass flow sensor replaced at 90,000 miles. Catalytic converter replaced at 96,000 miles. Lifters had to be replaced at 112,000 miles.

Leather wrapped steering wheel.

Fuel economy, suspension, interior quality.

so-so
By db

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

Have owned my 2wd Blazer almost 5yrs. Will probably not own another. Love the performance and comfort. Gas mileage has slipped (22 17mpg). Had to have oil lines fixed, lost handle to pass.seat first wk I owned it. Hate the placement of the roof pillers. Driver's door hinge always loose. I take immaculate care of this car. Always drove GM cars. Will not buy this one again. GM can do better.

Layout of the dash, lumbar support, plenty of get up and go.

Better warranty, better engineering

My Chevrolet Blazer
By April Rogers

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my second Chevy Blazer and I just love it. It is very comfortable, easy to drive, but most of all it is extremely reliable. I have been driving it for 7 years and have only done my routine maintenance.

I love the steering wheel radio controls, my CD and cassette set up and I really like the digital overhead console.

What A Dissappointment
By ferromaximus

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Once again, my love for all things big and tough has fooled me again. Don't let this truck fool you. I got the zr2 package because I wanted the big, tough look of this truck. I've had nothing but problems. Every time I take it in for an oil change, it's costing me over $1000 to fix it. It's a 99 and I only have 55k miles on it, and it acts like there's 150k on it. New alternator, ball joints, bearings, rear brakes completely redone, front differential just went on it ($2500-$3000 new). I'm ready to sign off trucks all together, but need them for the snow up here in NY. Interior rattles and shakes and is very cheaply put together. What an embaressment to GM. Do not buy this junker!

Sporty look, big tires, Zr2 suspension.

Everything. The inside of the car shakes and rattles if you lean on anything in it. The engine is weak, could get smoked by a ford escort. Try putting some quality parts on these vehicles, GM and maybe your sales wouldn't be in such a slump.