Used 1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Most Helpful|
The new great small SUV
By docdre

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this SUV used in 2001 with less than 20k on it. Other than normal maintenance it's been a great SUV to own. Great in the snow and ice and take it fishing on the beach as well and never have a problem. Like any self respecting American car you have a few rattles here and there but overall it has held up better than I ever imagined. I now have 95K on it and other than normal wear I have had nothing but great luck. The paint has held up exceptionally well although I do wax it up 3 times a year. I hope to keep this puppy until it has over 200k on it! Chevy tough!

Favorite Features

Great powerful and engine and solid tranny! What was once the standard for mid size SUVs, this is now a great small SUV with more cargo room than others in its class!

Suggested Improvements

None

240,000 miles
By Stone Fargo

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

240,000 miles General maintenance and two starters. Now have an intake manifold leak. Not bad, not bad at all. going to get this done for $350.00. Gas mileage about 17mpg

An old friend
By jgclark

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

This is a testament to the fact that Chevy CAN put together a great vehicle. I've owned my Blazer for over ten years and dropped nearly 200k on the engine, and other than a squeaky suspension from driving through flood waters more than once and replacing a couple of alternators and a water and fuel pump over a decade, my Chevy kept me safe, comfortable and free from car payments after I paid it off in 2004. It stayed good looking long after the model was replaced by the TrailBlazer, which says a lot about decent design. The engine was always strong and helped me out of traffic scrapes with it's workhorse V6. I drove that truck to it's limits, finally trading it in this year for a sedan.

Favorite Features

Decent cargo room, solid build, comfortable front seats, good space up front.

Suggested Improvements

Yeah, the flimsy seat adjustment levers broke off after about 6 years, but a screwdriver kept in the glove box did the trick. Other than that, you couldn't ask for more in a dependable vehicle. I'll miss you, my old friend. Happy retirement!

Junk 1999 Blazer owned by a Ford
By kickford

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Absolutely the worst vehicle that I have ever owned in my life. It has been a complete money pit to date. I have always been a Chevy man but this has been terrible. Ball joints every couple of years, flywheel busted $800, leaking front diff $300, $1000 4 fuel pumps, $100 turning signal kept my brake lights from working correctly, $100 auto climate control motor, $75 brake pads x5 wear only on one side?, $200 2 distributor caps wires rotor, $100 drivers side window motor, $25 drivers side hinge pins, $300 cv joints, $400 2 radiators, intake gasket leaks, half the drivers seat motors do not work, gas guage does not work. This is not including what I consider normal upkeep. Repairs mostly self

Favorite Features

Looks good. 4wd always been reliable. Very snappy when it is running good. Handles decent.

Suggested Improvements

Get the engineers head out of there behinds and make a quality vehicle like they used too. Of coarse this is before they started spending all of there R&D money on $28 an hour janitors.

JUNK!!!!! Run AWAY!!!!
By geestoys480

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this junk from the original owner, 120K miles, looked great, ran decent and did for about 2 weeks. He had replace the radiator, tranny fluid and plugs. So i thought all good......WRONG! I put 5k miles on it and in the time period I replace the fuel pump, window motors, ac compressor, radiator hoses, oil leaks and the transfer case was blown out as well. MONEY PIT, stay away from these trucks, traded it in for a real SUV, 4runner! Run AWAY!!

Favorite Features

Look, Decent leather

Suggested Improvements

Everything