1999 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
No Trade-In Value
By advmicro on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Okay vehicle to own. To trade-in value. DSP extended warranty is a joke.

Standard 4 Door SUV
By GlennPearl on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer 4dr SUV

This car has been very good, except for two features. When I bought the car in 199, I checked the radiator 6 months later and there appeared to be a brown mudlike substance inside. Nothing like the usual green clear liquid I am used to. A radiotor shop tried to drain and fix, but the mud comes back. It has overheated in very hot tempatures. The other problem is the joints, they appear to make noise when backing out of a drive way. Nobody can fix that either. Other than that I enjoy the vehicle. Cheverlet has not backed this vehicle well. They refuse to fix the two things wrong, which makes me wonder on the next purchase who will back their vehicle.

WHY?
By Joe Joe on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

How can they still be buying ball joints and oil lines from the same vendors after all these years?! I like the looks of the Equinox, but I'm scared to buy a Chev again!

It's been around awhile
By JumpinJack on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought this small suv in 2001 with 24k and I now have 50k. Had a leak in the oil line hose (few drops in the driveway) and it was fixed under warranty. I keep my vehicals till there done and I plan on having this suv until it has at least 150k. The body and interior look as good as you maintain it or beat it up. So, the main thing I look at is this engine/trans has been around a long time and I have friends who have put over 160k on thier older blazers and they still run. This truck will not ride like the new car-like suvs or get you the milage of them. They also won't cost you a small fortune to own.

Don't buy it !
By Scotty C on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Afetr this Blazer hit 50,000 miles it has been a roller coaster ride since. Always something wrong, one thing after another. Lots of road noise. Everything seems to be losse and making a noise. It's quit leaving us beside the road 3-4 times. I will never buy another GM product and recommend that no one else does either. When I leave home driving this auto I'm not sure I'll get back home. Not the dependability you expect from a $30,000 car/truck. Poorly built, poor overall quality.

EASY ROLL OVER
By cassnjake on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

My fiance and I purchased this vehicle as a reliable way to transport our 1 yr old son. Luckily we did not have him with us when we went to check out my fiance's shooter's bench in the hedgerow... it was around 8am and the grass was slick from dew... my fiance was driving and he wasn't goofing around or anything on the grass road between the cornfields... he pushed the gas a little and the blazer did a 180 degree turn, the wheels stuck into the ground, and rolled us on our top. I would NEVER buy an SUV again. It was cray that you could roll a vehicle going only 7mph!!!! I loved the way it looked and it was very comfortable... but it is NOT SAFE!!!

Maintenance Nightmare Blazer
By ANC on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this Blazer used. Right away the main seal leaked and had to be replaced. The automatic transmission went bad and was replaced 1 year after purchase. Two years later the radiator corroded badly, the ball joints were replaced (sounds typical), the oil lines leaked and were replaced, the transfer case and 4WD was serviced for several defective internal parts, and the passenger seat lever snapped. In addition, all 4 rotors were rusted out at 40000 miles.

Hunk-o-Junk
By PatrickinOhio on 09/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I probably cannot recommend strongly enough to stay away from this vehicle. It is a mechanical nightmare! A three year old vehicle has had 3 transmissions, drive shaft replaced, water pump replaced, alternator replaced, door lock mechanism replaced, front passenger seat tilt lever has bronken four times. This car sucks! It has a pathetic turn radius and the design is terrible with dead spots in vision.

very reliable
By md on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

At 64,000 miles had first repair (wheel bearing). Still have original brake pads. Very comfortable highway cruiser (comfortable seats relatively quiet) and no problems with 4 wheel drive. Very nice that real seats fold completely flat and you don't even need to remove rear head rests. Minor squeeks, but I live in a city with a lot of pot holes.

Chevy Blazer
By Nick1 on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

Bought this from a GM technician after my 87' S-10 Blazer was on it's last leg and must say I do like it alot compared to what I had. Interior is very nice, stereo is good for being O.E., handeling and ride quality is good for its size. Don't expect to beat any speed records with it, it's not meant for that but it can get up and go when you need it to. I installed an after-market cold air intake and it has improved gas milage and acceleration a bit. Definately a step above some others out there in it's class for the price.