Used 1999 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

The new great small SUV
By docdre

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this SUV used in 2001 with less than 20k on it. Other than normal maintenance it's been a great SUV to own. Great in the snow and ice and take it fishing on the beach as well and never have a problem. Like any self respecting American car you have a few rattles here and there but overall it has held up better than I ever imagined. I now have 95K on it and other than normal wear I have had nothing but great luck. The paint has held up exceptionally well although I do wax it up 3 times a year. I hope to keep this puppy until it has over 200k on it! Chevy tough!

Great powerful and engine and solid tranny! What was once the standard for mid size SUVs, this is now a great small SUV with more cargo room than others in its class!

None

More than I expected
By rick

1999 Chevrolet Blazer Trailblazer 4dr SUV

I bought this SUV about 4 months ago with 135,000 miles on it. When I bought it, I knew I had to replace the rear rotors and the driver's door pin. I went ahead and replaced all four rotors with cross drilled slotted ones which pull this thing to a stand still quickly. iI like the power from the 4.3 Vortech, but I'm a guy and of course I would like more power. I did have to replace the fuel pump, but it has 140,000 miles on it now. The interior is the best. I have never had a vehicle more comfortable. The ride quality is top notch. I don't feel like I'm driving an SUV. I have Goodyear Fortera tires, which are specifically designed for SUV's, and it feels like I'm driving a Cadillac.

Keyless entry. Leather power memory seats. Overhead digital console. Auto tint rear view mirror, power moonroof. Auto on/off headlights. Stitched head rest and door panels.

I don't want to change anything except for more power

Cheaply Made
By Disappointed

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

At 15,000 miles both front seat levers broke (pot metal) At 68,000 miles heater core and water pump went out a month apart. 4wd has never been used and doesn't work. At 80,000 miles at 11pm on Thanksgiving eve all the trany fluid pushed out the dipstick and left us on the side of freeway. $2300 later using it for a trade in on anything but a Chevy. I have always owned Chevys but no more. No room for rear seat passengers.

Radio

Don't make them so cheaply.

I love my Blazer!
By MaudieMae

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I've loved driving this Blazer. I love the ride of this Blazer. Going on six years and had to put an alternator and battery in it. Just got new tires because at 100,000 miles I figured I "should", but the original ones still looked good! Didn't need brakes at 100,000 miles! Some trim on the doors so they wouldn't get banged would have been great and more floor room on the passenger side too. I only wish I would have bought a 4 door for the extra room for hauling and boy do we haul stuff! Have taken it out west twice, mega trips north & south and always performed excellent.

The color, Auto 4WD & 4WD, overhead compass and stuff. The big burly feel of it. All the compartments to put stuff in are great.

Sure wish the gas mileage was better. Put some trim guard on it! Don't like that you can't shut the headlights off while you're parked and it's running.

Been good to me
By morey000

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

After 6 years and 60K miles it has been a terrific vehicle. Reliability has been near perfect. Mileage has been 18 city and 20 hwy- not bad. The creature comforts and interior features in my LT are terrific, and with an after market set of tires it takes me where I need to go off road. It's been cost effective, functional and comfortable. I'm ready to buy a new SUV... as soon as I find one I like better.

4WD and off road capable. Great interior with all the features: leather, radio controls on steering wheel, seat memories, homelink, trip computer. Reasonable gas mileage for an SUV. Oh- I love the way the rear head rests automatically flip up when you fold the seats!

Tends to flip over in accidents and has a poor safety rating and record. Ride and handling quality not outstanding.