1999 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
drive a chevy
By joli on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I have this chevy for 4 years. This is great in snow and the motor has plenty of power. I now have 91,000 miles and never replaced a thing. This suv gets 22 miles per gallon on the highway. Chevy builds a great vehicle and I the vortec motor is top notch. The ford explorer is called the exploder because they built 1 million and all million are in the shop with front end problems. There is no comparison between the two I owned both of them. Chevy has it all over the compition.

I hate this SUV
By jenski on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I cannot tell you how much money I have spent in the 2 1/2 years that I have owned this vehicle. I have been through at least 6 sets of breaks/bearings and rotars. The motor blew up and the 4 wheel drive has not worked properly since that time. I cannot stress enough, do not buy a Blazer!!!

Running Great
By JCH on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

This is the best car/truck I have ever owned. This SUV is like a timex watch, it just keeps running and running and running. There seems to be no end in site and the interior has held up as well as the drive train.

Cevy Blazer
By April Odom on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been a great car to own and drive.

Not impressive!
By alahiri on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Good on snow. The audio is good. Side mirrors are large. Tires will last 100K miles easily (if you don't go off- road or don't tow too much). The high- way ride is pleasant. However, the reliability is at best average - expect $2000 in repair bills in first 5 years. Also, the interior is very poorly built and expect some rattles.

comfort on road
By usarmy70 on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

fun vehicle to drive on highway commute 100 miles a day, leather interior comfortable, power seats & lumbar nice feature, easy parking,

Nice vehicle
By schwinn on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

The Blazer is fun and easy to drive. I feel it should get better fuel milage considering a silverado gets about the same yet is an 8 cylinder not a 6. This is my second blazer and a common problem is the failure of the balljoints. The engine and tranny are strong and power is there when needed.

Needs Woork
By fpkeegan on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

I purchased the Blazer new in 1999; it now has 79,000 miles on it. The plastic seat handle on the driver seat broke off in the first 5000 miles. I use the vehicle to drive to and from work and normal city driving, it has not been used for towing or any off road. In the last 10,000 miles the transmission has been replaced ($3300), the air conditioning compressor was replaced ($700) and the Heater coil was replaced ($700). The heater coil is located in the dash board, which required the removal of the dash board to replace it. The only saving grace is that I purchased an extended warranty on the vehicle at the time of purchase.

Beware the Blazer
By bill mydo on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

In my effort to "Buy American" I got a brand new blazer - and been regretting it ever since. At only 70k has never gone more than several months without having to be in shop. Replaced a side mirror, alternator, two batteries, the front tri-boot, repairs for a turn signal switch that went on and off, leaking oil (hose), leaking coolant (pump) and leaking transmission fluid (various lines). Now the "service engine" light is on. Worst part is, I've totally babied this vehicle - I've taken it "off road" twice, park it in a garage at home and work, and followed manufacturer's scheduled service/maintenance recommendations religiously. Vehicle is a piece of junk.

Excellent All Around Vehical
By BlazerDriver on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehical has never let me down. I have taken my Blazer on several hunting trips and have never been let down by its performance. The V-6 has plenty of power for medium duty 4-wheeling and if it gets to rought the skid plate package does a great job protect the underside. I have never been happier with a vehical.