Used 1999 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Like it
By amanda

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle 3 years ago. It had 49,000 miles at the time. It now has 98,000. I've replaced the alternator, the driver window gets stuck open (usually when its raining) every once in a while but will work again a couple minutes later. Both front doors sag, window molding coming up, top compartment buttons are broken, mirror flap on both visors have broken off, there is now a leak in the intake manifold gasket, and the 4wd is not working now. i have not had any major issues with this vehicle until now. I really like it but i am thinking about parting with it due to the gas mileage. it gets 18mpg on the interstate.

Favorite Features

All the adjustments on the seats and the space makes it the most confortable vehicle I've driven. I really like the heated seats and the 4wd when it worked.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, sagging doors, 4wd, interior features are cheaply put together.

Always had Blazers
By mommyof1

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I absolutely loved this truck when I bought it, then the warranty expired and I have spent more money fixing the things that repeatedly brake than I actually did on the truck. The pins in the doors, the recline levers for the front seats, the front bearings 2x a year at least for the past 4 years (and was told by a dealership that the bearings are a defect in the cars design that they cant fix) and pretty much every part with the exception of the whole engine and tranny have been replaced! It is built horribly and will not ever buy a GM car again!

Favorite Features

The 4 wheel drive has yet to fail and when it is not broken, it runs great!

Suggested Improvements

Throw out the blue print for this vehicle and start all over again!

Won't buy another one
By PeterK

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Nothing but problems. Transmission had to be replace after 65,000 miles, passenger seat back handle broke twice, both CV joints replaced, gas tank pump and sending unit replaced, dashboard lights up like a christmas tree randomly.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

It's a good idea Chevy decided to stop making this vehicle.

Pleasure of having owned 1999 Blazer LS
By eileen wolf

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

Have been extremely satisfied with performance, with most miles from long trips. It is solid, safe and most comfortable and has served me well since time of purchase. I have replaced water pump, had larger battery installed and new cables over the past two years. Also, two years had the four original tires replaced with identical issue, and U-Haul hitch installed, but only because I had planned a one time 600 mile trailering trip. At my age, I nolonger have need of a V-6 engine and the cargo space utilized in my travels. I have been the only driver of this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Comfort, ability to see over autos, power steering and locks, cruise control, security and safety experienced during ownership.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage increase at this point in time.

Excelent Vehicle
By Job Taker

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned this truck for a little under a year. I have put nearly 11,000 miles on this with no problems. Great power band very smooth for an SUV. Very capable off road, but still refined enough that you wont look dumb at nice events either. When you step on the gas it's very quiet inside but it sounds very nice outside. Most people think of the Blazer as a slow rig, I can tell you it's not!

Favorite Features

4.3 liter vortec engine, super reliable, powerful.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice if it was easier to work on. It's kind of hard to do routine maintenance on.