1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Mixed emotions
By Ed on 10/24/05 17:24 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it new and take excellent care of the vehicle, do not miss any maintenance appointments. Continual problem with drivers door hinge, locks and window. Repaired twice but still questionable. Paid $2300 to replace 4WD transfer case at only 68k miles. 4WD also still questionable. Love the look, the way it drives, plenty of power and room inside. Very disappointed in the tranny and the detailing of the vehicle. Would probably not buy another GM SUV.

Thing break all the time
By DonKKong on 07/30/05 03:33 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Fuel pump, alternator, too much more to list went as soon as it was out of warranty. Last time I buy a lousy GM. Glad to see that seat lever wasn't just me.

4th Blazer & lovin' It
By Kells on 07/04/05 14:04 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Trailblazer 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my 4th Blazer and I love it. Capable, comfortable, and has plenty of power for the size.

Chevy's ABS brakes stink!
By Nicky on 06/25/05 09:58 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

My 99 Blazer LS has only 79k miles and my ABS brakes are completeley shot. Most of the time I cannot come to a stop. I need a new ABS system, new shocks & struts, new CB joint, and new Wheel bearings and the transmission is starting to slip. I hate this car! My Mom had a "94 with the exact same problems when it was only 2yrs old. I would never buy a Chevrolet again.

Worst vehicle I have ever purchased
By chk8abanan on 06/23/05 04:23 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the worst vehicle I have ever purchased. It has not gone longer than 12 weeks without being in the shop. The plastic seat handle on the driver seat and the rear gate broke off in the first 10,000 miles. I had to have the door lock mechanism replaced, ball joints replaced, and 4WD was serviced for several defective internal parts. I have had numerous electrical problems including the AC staying on when switched to “off” position, lights flickering on and off, losing sight of my dashboard gauges due to lights going off.

No more blazers
By Learned my lesson on 06/04/05 23:52 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this 1999 blazer after owning a 1987 blazer, which probably was the best vehicle I have ever owned. Problems started at 32,000 miles when the front suspension had to be replaced."GM Dealership would not fix under warranty" I have replaced the leaking oil lines, alternator,intake gasket,and around 50,000 miles the engine blew up. Have always changed my oil at 3000 miles and used a good grade of oil and filter. The (extended warranty) rep said probably just a faulty part. After reading other reviews looks like I'm not the only one with these problems. "Be careful of extended warranties"

Love/Hate relationship
By UGA Dawg on 05/26/05 00:14 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I have mixed feelings about this vehicle. I bought the truck used in 2000. It has been a fairly reliable vehicle, but it has put us down a few times. Positives: It's fun to drive, has enough room for me, and has good towing power. It's been through off road situations I didn't think it could manage. It has good looks. Major problems: 40,000 or earlier oil lines leak. 70,000 tranny rebuilt-don't buy a new GM tranny, it will only give the same problem, 100,000 Dextron coolant congealed in the radiator and ruined it. At 140,000 the A/C quit and axles or bearings are roaring. Minor issues: Seat levers break, door hinge bushings wear out often (doors sag). In summary, shy away from the Blazer, although I can hardly part with mine.

Blazer's Stink
By Bill Jenkins on 03/20/05 17:24 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

The Chevy Blazer really, really stinks. It is suppost to be a strong built, heavy duty SUV. I am here to tell you that it is NO such thing! In the year & a half that I have owned my Chevy Blazer the front end has virtually fallen apart. This is not a well built SUV in my opinion. I will not recommend the Purchase of any Chevy Product to anyone. As they would be upset shortly after purchase.

Good suv
By Luther56 on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Best vehicle ive ever owned, good for long trips, good for around town, and alot of fun off road.

Not a Repeater
By Bummed about Blazer on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

My daughter and I both purchased Blazers at the same time. After 4 years of ownership, I have to say I would never buy another one. Every week there is a new interior squeek or rattle. Between my daughter's car and mine, the vent adjustment broke off, rear differential is a constant problem, ball joints and wheel bearings had to be replaced ($500 x 5), cvc leak fixed ($300), outside moulding on driver's window kept popping out (husband finally glued it in place), seat adjustment lever broke off, strap on rear hatch broke off. . . and on and on. Was a BIG Toyota fan before this and will DEFINITELY go back.