Used 1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Blazer is Second SUV
By Blazer LS

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV

I purchase this vehicle about six years ago, with 70,000 miles, two years ago I put in a new alternator and battery costing estimated $465. At 75k I had a tune-up,and perform regular maintenance at schedule interval. Now the door sag on driver side 1/8 inch B pilar (pins) bushing need replaced, the driver side lever for seat broke, the mileage in city not good the highway about 18-20. Always had Chevy as a second car and seem to do alright. Mostly do highway driving. Like the room and comfort. I guess I can't complain I have not yet experienced serious mechanical problems. Most cars do have normal wear and tear and that could happen on any American made cars/suv.

Favorite Features

Tow pkg, and additional ac/outlet. Install running boards,

1999 Chevy blazer
By Bubba

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car brand new and loved it until i had to buy a new engine at 95,000 miles. Then a couple days after the new engine had to get a battery, transmission, hoses, a/c, and heat replaced. And now i have 190,000 miles on the SUV and 99,000 miles on the new engine and its falling apart. Heres a list: 1. 10 leaks in the hoses on the car alone and it will cost $2,000 to replace them. 2. Have to get a catalytic converter which will cost for this car $1,500. 3. The driver door interior is falling apart. 4. Both seats don't move position because of malfunction. 5. Waiting to see what else..... I bought this car for $33,000 and have put $10,000 into it. I will never buy a Chevy!!

Favorite Features

OK towing capacity.

Suggested Improvements

Everything

My Little Red Blaze
By chicks1960

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV 2dr SUV

I bought this one with 130000 miles on it. Had a lot of trouble with the fuel pump. Then the oil pump went, replaced the motor, still seems to miss on the highway. Have had it a year and it has spent more time in the shop, $800 or more at a time. Chevrolet dealership and service couldn't find out the problems. Paid as much for a new motor as I did for the whole truck. Replace sensors and relays Hope it will run for a while. Air conditioner quit - compressor went out $1200 to replace.

Favorite Features

I love the size and body style and the cruise control and the handling

Suggested Improvements

More reliability. Less rattle in the back and better stereo sound

Really Nice Small SUV
By jay7015032

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I've only owned this truck for a little while, it was passed down from my dad so its had three owners. But I love it. I have a K&N intake, throttle body spacer and cat bck exhaust with over sized tires. Plenty of power for me. But with power comes a lack of fuel. Seems I put gas in daily but I don't mind it's fun to drive. The truck is a little rattly but I do have 130000 on it. Bottom line I love it on and off road

Favorite Features

The heat and AC are great realy cold or real hot

Suggested Improvements

K&n intake, throttle body spacer and cat back exhaust.

No more Chevy's for me, thanks.
By Chris

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it with 18K miles. It was beautiful and a pleasure to drive. But then came the mechanical problems. Front suspension wears out prematurely (there was actually a NHTSA investigation into the ball joints). Coolant problems and engine seal/gasket failures. Lot's of other problems. We're thankful for the extended warranty we bought. It cost us about $5k extra, but saved us an additional $10k in repairs later. In addition to regular maintenance, our repairs to date total just over $15k. Sad to admit this, but I'm not planning on buying American again. Not until American car makers earn my trust back.

Favorite Features

Extended warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Everything else.