1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
An old friend
By jgclark on 07/20/10 23:26 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

This is a testament to the fact that Chevy CAN put together a great vehicle. I've owned my Blazer for over ten years and dropped nearly 200k on the engine, and other than a squeaky suspension from driving through flood waters more than once and replacing a couple of alternators and a water and fuel pump over a decade, my Chevy kept me safe, comfortable and free from car payments after I paid it off in 2004. It stayed good looking long after the model was replaced by the TrailBlazer, which says a lot about decent design. The engine was always strong and helped me out of traffic scrapes with it's workhorse V6. I drove that truck to it's limits, finally trading it in this year for a sedan.

Pretty good Blazer
By fireman25 on 02/04/09 17:48 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

Bought this after I had a not at fault accident at a dealer down the road. Had no major problems yet...knock on wood. Replaced thermostat twice, did a flush cooling system. A little funky but can be fixed by putting in a new radiator or just JB Weld. Recommend to all who need a car for son or daughter to get to and from. Great body condition for age and mileage about 163,000. Runs great, just cooling system work

Blazer's Stink
By Bill Jenkins on 03/20/05 17:24 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

The Chevy Blazer really, really stinks. It is suppost to be a strong built, heavy duty SUV. I am here to tell you that it is NO such thing! In the year & a half that I have owned my Chevy Blazer the front end has virtually fallen apart. This is not a well built SUV in my opinion. I will not recommend the Purchase of any Chevy Product to anyone. As they would be upset shortly after purchase.

comfort on road
By usarmy70 on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

fun vehicle to drive on highway commute 100 miles a day, leather interior comfortable, power seats & lumbar nice feature, easy parking,

Needs Woork
By fpkeegan on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

I purchased the Blazer new in 1999; it now has 79,000 miles on it. The plastic seat handle on the driver seat broke off in the first 5000 miles. I use the vehicle to drive to and from work and normal city driving, it has not been used for towing or any off road. In the last 10,000 miles the transmission has been replaced ($3300), the air conditioning compressor was replaced ($700) and the Heater coil was replaced ($700). The heater coil is located in the dash board, which required the removal of the dash board to replace it. The only saving grace is that I purchased an extended warranty on the vehicle at the time of purchase.

Beware the Blazer
By bill mydo on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

In my effort to "Buy American" I got a brand new blazer - and been regretting it ever since. At only 70k has never gone more than several months without having to be in shop. Replaced a side mirror, alternator, two batteries, the front tri-boot, repairs for a turn signal switch that went on and off, leaking oil (hose), leaking coolant (pump) and leaking transmission fluid (various lines). Now the "service engine" light is on. Worst part is, I've totally babied this vehicle - I've taken it "off road" twice, park it in a garage at home and work, and followed manufacturer's scheduled service/maintenance recommendations religiously. Vehicle is a piece of junk.

very reliable
By md on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

At 64,000 miles had first repair (wheel bearing). Still have original brake pads. Very comfortable highway cruiser (comfortable seats relatively quiet) and no problems with 4 wheel drive. Very nice that real seats fold completely flat and you don't even need to remove rear head rests. Minor squeeks, but I live in a city with a lot of pot holes.

Chevy Blazer
By Nick1 on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

Bought this from a GM technician after my 87' S-10 Blazer was on it's last leg and must say I do like it alot compared to what I had. Interior is very nice, stereo is good for being O.E., handeling and ride quality is good for its size. Don't expect to beat any speed records with it, it's not meant for that but it can get up and go when you need it to. I installed an after-market cold air intake and it has improved gas milage and acceleration a bit. Definately a step above some others out there in it's class for the price.

#1
By jyates on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

After looking for about a year at different vehicles, I decided on the Blazer. The Blazer fit everything I wanted into one vehicle. It's ride is subperb, the leather seats are the most comfortable out of any SUV, and all controls are easy to reach and work! The Best Car I have owned by far

Chevrolet Blazer `99, it's the way to go
By Carlos1 on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

I needed a truck, and went shopping around for some time. Toyota 4Runner didn't drive good, and the seats are unconfortable. I drove the blazer, and instantly fell in love with it. Great amount of power, good handleling, nice style, great interior. Stereo system is off the hook, and when you step on the gas, trust me on this you'll know the kind of power behind this engine. If you're thinking of getting it, don't think. Get it.