Used 1999 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

JUNK!!!!! Run AWAY!!!!
By geestoys480

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this junk from the original owner, 120K miles, looked great, ran decent and did for about 2 weeks. He had replace the radiator, tranny fluid and plugs. So i thought all good......WRONG! I put 5k miles on it and in the time period I replace the fuel pump, window motors, ac compressor, radiator hoses, oil leaks and the transfer case was blown out as well. MONEY PIT, stay away from these trucks, traded it in for a real SUV, 4runner! Run AWAY!!

Favorite Features

Look, Decent leather

Suggested Improvements

Everything

Worst car I've ever had!!!
By nwiley

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it used from original owner only had 97,698 miles on it; I thought ohh what a good deal low miles He had service records and had even had proof it had just had a tune up.It sounded good drove good until the next day the transfer case wouldn't disengage so it was roaring from the bottom. Door hinges would always loosen up had those tighten I don't know how many times. Always had ball joint problems. Then out of nowhere all kinds of fuses started to blow mostly the power door locks. A/C went out .Check engine light came on always of course with no code. Fuel gauge never worked correctly. Radiator replaced.Always serviced it Tranny went out anyway at 114,000 miles after that sold it.

Favorite Features

Liked the interior, steering wheel controls, liked how it drove.

Suggested Improvements

Everything

Junk 1999 Blazer owned by a Ford
By kickford

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Absolutely the worst vehicle that I have ever owned in my life. It has been a complete money pit to date. I have always been a Chevy man but this has been terrible. Ball joints every couple of years, flywheel busted $800, leaking front diff $300, $1000 4 fuel pumps, $100 turning signal kept my brake lights from working correctly, $100 auto climate control motor, $75 brake pads x5 wear only on one side?, $200 2 distributor caps wires rotor, $100 drivers side window motor, $25 drivers side hinge pins, $300 cv joints, $400 2 radiators, intake gasket leaks, half the drivers seat motors do not work, gas guage does not work. This is not including what I consider normal upkeep. Repairs mostly self

Favorite Features

Looks good. 4wd always been reliable. Very snappy when it is running good. Handles decent.

Suggested Improvements

Get the engineers head out of there behinds and make a quality vehicle like they used too. Of coarse this is before they started spending all of there R&D money on $28 an hour janitors.

JUNK!!! Do not make a mistake!!!!
By franktiregod

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought a one owner 99 Trailblazer with just under 98,000 miles in 2009. WORST MISTAKE I EVER MADE!! Here is a small list of the things I had to replace on this junkpile. 1. Upper and lower balljoints. 2. Compete a/c system. 3. Computer 4. Heater core 5. Compete exhaust system including catylitic converter and wiring pigtails. 6. Alternator and belts 7. Upper ball joints-AGAIN!! 8. Radiator. The list goes on an on. And this was a nice CLEAN one owner truck! I got rid of it yesterday. I didnt sell it to an individual because if I did, my conscience wouldnt let me sleep at night. I bought my wife a Mazda 3 hatchback. Screw the "american cars". Thanks unions!

Favorite Features

I actually liked the design and features on the Blazer. But those are no good to me if it is in the shop constantly.

Suggested Improvements

Get the japanses to teach you how to build a car and then tell the unions you can NOT build a competitve dependable car while paying out ridiculous amounts of pay/benefits to union workers. If they dont agree, let thenm be unemployed while we all buy a darn dependable car. I buy a car for transportation, not to keep unions coffers flowing cash to the latest politician.

Love my 2-dr Blazer
By Anonymous

1999 Chevrolet Blazer 2dr SUV

I bought this car in 1999 and it still looks like new on the outside and inside. It has the coldest A/C ever! No major repairs needed so far, even after it was stolen and went on a cross country high speed chase a few years ago. I do mostly highway driving and get 23/24 mpg. Like any 2- door space is limited. I like the drop down true tailgate on it, too. It is fun to drive.

Favorite Features

gas mileage - highway 23/24 mpg cold A/C, comfortable seats, still looks good after 11 yrs, tailgate,

Suggested Improvements

wish they still made them