1998 Chevrolet Blazer 4.3L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - I call mine "Old Reliable"

1998 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Review

LS 4dr SUV (4.3L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

I call mine "Old Reliable"
By johnnyt3 on

1998 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

My father got this car when it was about a year old. It's the LS model, so it's got pretty much all the options. Dad was a careful driver, so after more than a decade when he gave it to me, it had about 137K miles, but had been maintained meticulously. In the two years that I have have it, the only issues I have had were typical Blazer issues of the wiper circuit board, the recline handles breaking off, and the bushings on the door hinges wearing out. The only other "serious" issue was the alternator dying at about 140K miles. The replacement was easy, as I did it myself at a cost of $90 and less than an hour of labor.

Favorite Features

For me, the truck has been ultra-reliable. It will start up first time, every time. Transmission has been solid. Engine has always run strong and smooth and there are no leaks whatsoever. A/C needed a recharge once ($25 can at the auto parts store), but stayed charged going on two years now. Full array of options and plenty of room. I love my Blazer.