1998 Chevrolet Blazer 4.3L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Relatively happy with the vehicle.

1998 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Review

1998 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Relatively happy with the vehicle.
By HowardBl on

1998 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

All in all, I've had this vehicle since late 1997, and haven't had too much grief with it... It goes through an idler arm every 20K miles (I'm going on #5), but that's to be expected when you get a car ride on a truck frame. Had to replace a master cylinder and torn seat leather under warranty. After warranty needed new brake booster (a pain to install, but did myself) for $200, $30 belt tensioner, new shocks all around, rotors only once and eventually will need a new fuel sending unit. Really can't complain... gave me lots of dependable service including some off- road and emergency responses.

Favorite Features

Nice fit and finish. Outstanding ride (like a Town car). Good looks and decent value for the price. ABS/4WD helped me avoid more than one accident.

Suggested Improvements

Could be easier to work on(getting the shroud off the engine is a pain, it's difficult to run wires (alarm, antenna, etc.) and the brake booster requires advanced yoga to get to (3 easy-to-get nuts, and the last behind the steering column with 1/2 inch of clearance!)