AVOID IF ALL ELSE POSSIBLE
By roger721 on
1998 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD
I purchased my 1998 Chevy Blazer LS as a lease return fall of 1999 to replace my trusty 1986 Chevy Caprice sedan w 240K (bought in 1988 W/12K) and a unbelievable reliable '70 Impala before that since 1972! Week after at the the Blazer purchase, I smelled burning oil and checked underneath and oil was dripping everywhere. Bad oil sending unit, replaced at dealer with deductible I had to pay. Within 2 weeks later oil leak again, this time oil cooler lines. 4 months later, gear selector,odometer lights go out and then wheel bearing. Last straw, going through car wash, windshield started pouring in water. Cut my losses,got rid of it. Bought a Honda CRV w/20k and 120K later not 1 problem!
Favorite Features
Cargo room and overhead console.
Suggested Improvements
Where do I start? And where do I end? This is very dissapointing to say negative comments of a Chevrolet product I was dear to for many decades. As stated before, from my first Chevy after graduating college in 1972 was a 1970 Impala coupe with a 350. Drove it nearly 20 years to 280K miles with zero problems and replaced it with 1986 Caprice sedan in 1988. Another awesome comfortable reliable car to240K. Then the Blazer, very UNRELIABLE and I could go on with what I would improve though don't have time. I also have a 1992 Chevy C/K pickup, with 210K with a 350. Another die hard Chevy product (aside from the cab door hinges). Take my word, if your were to buy a Blazer please reconsider.