1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Old Reliable
By Bill, Chris & Debbie on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV

I know that others may have had some issues with their Blazers but we have had nothing but routine maintenance and total reliability. Heck, even the original equipment tires look like they could go another 20K miles and they already have run 62K miles. Nothing but kudos for our Blazer!

Blazer works
By LKing on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall satisfied with the package. Does well towing a ski boat and running through the snow. Although the turning radius needs to be shortened. I have had to get the main computer replaced on 3 different occasions though. I think most of it had to do with the MTBE in the Ca gas. The MTBE also destroyed my fuel injectors. All was under warrenty at no charge. Chevy sent a notice out warning consumers of the MTBE within 6 months of purchase. I am glad I kept that letter!

Don't know whether to sell or not
By Calgary's Own on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Blazer with 36000 km on it . The reason I choose it was I am 6' 5" and was the only vehicle I found comfortable. I just hit 70000 km. the lever to slide the front seats busted. then the rear windshield wipper The front windshield wippers are now intermittent. Then the horn. The nickle and dime stuff is now adding up but it doesn't look like I can trade it in and even get enough money to cover what I still owe on it.

Iain's Review
By iaind on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Always starts and goes. Needed new brake rotors all round after 40000 miles and a new battery shortly after. Door speakers replaced due woofer blown.No other problems. Very comfortable with leather seats, I can't see the complaint about the rear seats - they feel just fine for me. Driving ondeeply rutted off-road tracks may set up an oscillation of the shocks/rear suspension but generally effective drive ability in 2&4 WD. Corners well enough if required.

Squeaky
By Mike in MN on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

good 4x4 squeaky interior

Indy Blazer
By OurlivesforHim on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

After owning a 96 a few years back, this 98 is vastly better! Gotta love the 5.7 based 4.3 V6. Rock solid power, and it comes on so strong so early. This used beauty is Bright Red, and had only 55K miles. Sharp as a tack, and the interior has held up wonderfully.

Best Buy SUV with comfort in its class
By Bobay on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased the top of the line 98 blazer LT model with leather and loved its comfort and room. In fact it was too much room for a single bachelor but I took 2 - 1000 mile trips that seemed easy. I sold it only because I needed better gas mileage for driving to work.

Booorrrinnngggg
By ibngneer on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is your grandfathers SUV. Or at least it was mine. It's function, yet extremely boring. Corners like a boat, rides (floats) like a Buick.

Don't waste your money
By Dan in MN on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle has more rattles and squeaks than imaginable. The plastic interior has a very poor fit and finish. After I hit 38,000 miles I had to replace my power steering pump, universal joints, and fuel pump. One morning there was oil on my grarage floor and I found out I had to replace all of the oil lines. I had to have my doors adjusted because I had to lift them to close. We finally removed the spare tire because the weight of carrier & tire bent the right side quarter panel. The car doens't drive straight even after it has been aligned multiple times. I finally sold the vehicle w/ 52,000 miles because the maintenance was killing me.

Nice looking cool vehicle when it runs
By Glenn from Greentown on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Best thing about this vehicle is the cup holder, and it's too small. I've had nothing but problems with the suspension, alignment, and the computerized engine controlls. I had a perfectly good Ford Ranger pickup with 2WD, but wanted something with 4WD. I traded "up" to a newer and better vehicle??? Yeah, right. The Chevy dealer has no problem charging money to fix it, but the only part of the transaction that gets completed is me paying - no fixing involved.