Used 1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

'98 Blazer
By Adame008

1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I owned the Blazer for 4 years and it was a good truck. 4.3 is a tough little motor. I rolled it, and flipped it back over and kept driving, no serious problems even at 120,000 miles. Interior is cheap. But overall it was good. I put it through some tough off road terrain, and it always performed.

Cool looking exterior, 4x4, good engine

Interior is cheap, falls apart, gas gauge broke,

Last One
By LASTONE

1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Poor quality in overall woorkmanship. Seat adjustment handle broke off. All brakes and calipers changed after 100,000 miles. Windshield wiper module replaced (not recalled). Waterpump replaced 110,000. Oil leak from hoses to filter (25,000miles. Transmission tubes replaced come loose.

When I get rid of it, it's paid for.

No regard to quality in workmanship. Sad state when you look forward to a good US made vehicle.

May not be the best to some
By Bryan

1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Blazer used when I graduated high school. I wanted something reliable and I wanted a Chevy. I've only had minor problems with it of recent, but I still believe that it's a dependable truck. It is very safe. The other day some lady smacked into it and I was mad because they considered it totalled. But I feel lucky of how safe it was in the impact, as the lady who hit me was excessivly speeding when she hit it. I feel it is a very reliable vechile and safe for younger drivers like myself

It could have had more room inside, and be a little higher off the ground

Love My Truck
By GWEN

1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV

I love driving my truck. It took 8 years for any major repair. Fuel pump, rear end bearing, brakes, water pump. Cost $4000 to fix, but I have not found another truck or any vehicle that I would rather have. I get 20 mpg.

Sitting up high. love the power

None

Favorite car, ever.
By B. Lennon

1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car used off dealer lot with 36,006 miles on it. I have experienced no significant problems with it other then routine maintenance. In fact I went to change the brake pads at 50K miles and could find almost no wear! The vehicle is solid and well built, no sqeaks rattles or annoyances. The IP is well laid out and convenient, not fanciful just functional. I especially appreciate the handling of the car, well balanced and fairly light driving for a truck, very similar to rear wheel drive cars from sixties and seventies, if you go back that far! It handles exceptionally well in ice and snow (Michigan), and I only engage the 4wd to keep the transaxle lubed! All in all a great car!

The ride, the ride and the ride! Smooth and comfortable for long hauls but quick enough for normal driving. Fuel economy isn't bad either 24 mpg highway. Also, great for hauling stuff e.g. lumber, freezers, washers etc. the heavier the load, the better the ride!