1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV 4.3L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

LT 4dr SUV (4.3L V6 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
A Great Vehicle
By A normal guy on 04/02/08 16:23 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

The 1998 Blazer is one of the most reliable cars you will own. I own a 4 door LT 2WD. Mine now has over 160,000 miles and it still rides great! Its comfy(it has leather seats with electric adjustment), gets pretty good gas mileage (16-20), and is fun to drive! However, the best part about this car is its reliability. This thing hasn't broken down on me one time in 160,000 miles. It has lasted through many trips, and still works good. It's a great car.

98 Blazer a mixed bag
By nitefaze on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

Basically, the Blazer is a good car. For the most part reliable. One bad alternator took out the battery and self destructed at about 48K miles over warrantee in time, I ate $800 repair while away from home. At 68K the water pump went, in a heart beat engine over heated and froze before we could get the car off the highway. Melt down to the tune of $3400. When somethings goes, it goes suddenly without warning and it is very expensive. Repairs have been avg about $600 yr. For a US car that might be typical, but 6 1/2 years ownership I think its bad after the warrantee ran out. Economically not an experiece I want to repeat.