Used 1998 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Most Helpful|
My Last Blazer
By bboydwil

1998 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Since I have owned: Rebuilt Transmission, Power steering repair, starter repair, etc. Handles on both fronts seats broke off from poor design. Can not see over headrest to see to turn, etc. No overhead back seat light, very dark. Shocks for back hatch window came off. I have a friend who has a 1998 blazer and they dislike it as much as I do. If only I had read this review before I bought my Blazer.

Favorite Features

Fold down back seats for hauling

Suggested Improvements

Blazer needs to hire better design engineers and built better parts that do not wear out in 2 to 5 years.

Poor Engineering and Build Quality!!!
By NOMORECHEVYS

1998 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Horrific ride but the worst thing is its POOR OVERALL QUALITY! Things that shouldn't leak @ 50K do; oil lines, front differential etc... And worse yet, stuff that shouldn't "ever" break (even if its sitting in a junkyard), does; door handles, seat adjustment knobs & levers. Not to mention, all the ball joints needing replacement before 50K. In fact, I'm surprised the engineers that designed this piece of CRAP can sleep at night. No wait, it's the Japanese who intentionally build in quality, right? I should have expected this from GM--needless to say, I sold mine and will be reading and believing these reviews "before" buying my next vehicle.

Favorite Features

Moon roof and Radio were OK, but sad to say, those are the only good points of this truck.

Suggested Improvements

Quality...Duh!!!

What a Lemon
By Theresa Stephenson

1998 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

This car is in the shop every 3 - 6 months even during the warranty period. We have spend over 4000.00 on repairs since then and now an additional 1500.00 is required. Getting rid of it and will not buy another chevorlet product. My husband says they were drunk when they built my car. Non of my family or friends will buy this product after watching us shell out so much money on such a sorry product. Chevrolet should be ashamed of themselves.

Favorite Features

size.

Suggested Improvements

Good thing you will not be manufacturing this product anymore.

Never GM again
By LemonAid

1998 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This car was a huge disappointment. I bought it very excited. It was nice on the outside and the inside was great. I was extremely happy and loved my Blazer, for about a month. Then the problems came. One after another. I bought the car with only 36k on it, and brought it back to the dealer again and again and again etc.. Problems ranging from switches, seats, blower motor, oil leaking, heater core, water pump, etc. Problem was not always fixed after the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd time I brought it back to the dealer.

Favorite Features

4x4, practical size suv, nice styling in and out.

Suggested Improvements

handling on turns and/or bumps, serious quality issues, poor re-sale value.

No more Blazers for me
By No More Blazers

1998 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This SUV has been nothing but trouble. In addition to lots of small things (three horn relays, transmission seals bad at 40,000 miles, etc.) I just foudn out that I need a new transmission and oil coolant lines. I trading in this piece of junk for a foreign car. I'll never buy another Chevrolet again and will be sure to tell everyone I know about the poor quality and even poorer service that I received from Chevy.

Favorite Features

Can think of any.

Suggested Improvements

Chevrolet needs to build a quality product and offer a warranty that is better than 3 years/36,000. I'm buying a Hyandai SUV with a 10 year/100,000 powertrain warranty.