1997 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Review: My review

1997 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Review

LS 4dr SUV (4.3L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

My review
By canddmeyer on

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Great vehicle til 55,000 miles at which time things broke one after another. Luckily, most were warranty items. I got stuck for the throttle body ($800). Already has had two brake jobs & 2 batteries. My buddies Jeep Cherokee will run circles around my Blazer with better handling & higher ground clearance. The Blazer was the best buy for the $ though & luckily I have a fantastic dealer which was 95% of the reason I purchased the vehicle. Turnaround on repairs is same day 90% of the time. Must get an extended warranty when purchased new. Despite the complaints, it was still the best buy for my $ in 1997, & I'd buy another today unless I'm towing.

Great 4wd. Never has a horsepower shortage. Never been towed either. Always has ability when some failure occurs to be able to drive it in to get repaired.

Too low. I scrape skidplates on 4x4 adventures. 1998 & newer are better overall. Dexcool still useless. Flaky steering makes this a poor tow vehicle. A/C ok til outside temp hits 90+ causing the cooling system to run warmer impeding the A/C to properly cool the vehicle interior.