My review
By canddmeyer on
1997 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD
Great vehicle til 55,000 miles at which time things broke one after another. Luckily, most were warranty items. I got stuck for the throttle body ($800). Already has had two brake jobs & 2 batteries. My buddies Jeep Cherokee will run circles around my Blazer with better handling & higher ground clearance. The Blazer was the best buy for the $ though & luckily I have a fantastic dealer which was 95% of the reason I purchased the vehicle. Turnaround on repairs is same day 90% of the time. Must get an extended warranty when purchased new. Despite the complaints, it was still the best buy for my $ in 1997, & I'd buy another today unless I'm towing.
Favorite Features
Great 4wd. Never has a horsepower shortage. Never been towed either. Always has ability when some failure occurs to be able to drive it in to get repaired.
Suggested Improvements
Too low. I scrape skidplates on 4x4 adventures. 1998 & newer are better overall. Dexcool still useless. Flaky steering makes this a poor tow vehicle. A/C ok til outside temp hits 90+ causing the cooling system to run warmer impeding the A/C to properly cool the vehicle interior.