1997 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Review: I miss mine

1997 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Review

I miss mine
By speedboy3000 on

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This was my second car, and it was the best thing a kid could have. It's 4x4 system got me anywhere and everywhere I wanted to go, places that none of my friends could get to. Loyal, trustworthy, and a real blast. And by real blast, I mean literally. Going over a mountain pass, it threw a rod. Unfortunately replacing the engine would cost as much as the car was worth, so I had to part with it. I researched if this was a regular problem, and to no avail. This was a fluke. It was a great vehicle and only wearing parts had to be replaced. I would get another in good condition in a heart beat.

4x4, good engine, good transmission, strong frame, good suspension, tailgate system rather than hatch I preferred, all around good car with a lot of utility.

Coulda done with better gas mileage, would appreciated it if the engine didn't blow up

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By arejaye
on 05/02/14 07:45 AM (PDT)

Throwing or breaking a rod typically isn't a big issue. I was on my way to the coast for a weekend and about halfway there my full size truck broke a rod, but it still got me to the coast for my anticipated weekend, drove it over 3 hours back home, and after buying a new rod for about $30 and a new valve cover gasket, I was back on the road with no further issues at all, within all of 30 minutes. A thrown rod does NOT equal a blown up engine. Somebody steered you wrong if they told you that, and you got rid of a good truck for it. ANY car or truck can break or throw a rod. It's not that uncommon, but it IS easily and cheaply fixed.