I miss mine
By speedboy3000 on
1997 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD
This was my second car, and it was the best thing a kid could have. It's 4x4 system got me anywhere and everywhere I wanted to go, places that none of my friends could get to. Loyal, trustworthy, and a real blast. And by real blast, I mean literally. Going over a mountain pass, it threw a rod. Unfortunately replacing the engine would cost as much as the car was worth, so I had to part with it. I researched if this was a regular problem, and to no avail. This was a fluke. It was a great vehicle and only wearing parts had to be replaced. I would get another in good condition in a heart beat.
Favorite Features
4x4, good engine, good transmission, strong frame, good suspension, tailgate system rather than hatch I preferred, all around good car with a lot of utility.
Suggested Improvements
Coulda done with better gas mileage, would appreciated it if the engine didn't blow up
By arejaye
on 05/02/14 07:45 AM (PDT)

Throwing or breaking a rod typically isn't a big issue. I was on my way to the coast for a weekend and about halfway there my full size truck broke a rod, but it still got me to the coast for my anticipated weekend, drove it over 3 hours back home, and after buying a new rod for about $30 and a new valve cover gasket, I was back on the road with no further issues at all, within all of 30 minutes. A thrown rod does NOT equal a blown up engine. Somebody steered you wrong if they told you that, and you got rid of a good truck for it. ANY car or truck can break or throw a rod. It's not that uncommon, but it IS easily and cheaply fixed.