1997 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Review: First Suv

1997 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Review

First Suv
By Jeserfen on

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This was my first SUV purchased. I enjoyed it, while it ran. Bought it used in 2004 (7 yrs old) with 70k miles. Around 85K alternator went out. 90k fuel pump out. 100k seat adjust handles broke and started having electrical problems with stereo. Randomly switches sound from speaker to speaker, they never work at the same time anymore. Have had to rebuild transmission, 2 alternators, 3 batteries (in 5 years) brake rotors, rear window wiper stopped working, starter, cargo net posts broke. Very much a plastic interior that breaks when you touch it. However the exterior is solid, I have hit a vehicle and only got a dent while other person had to buy a new front end clip.

Favorite Features

Push button 4WD is great for poor weather. I like the storage unit on the interior ceiling (sunglasses, cds etc). The rear wiper was nice while it worked.

Suggested Improvements

Starter is in a terrible hard to reach place. Not enough room for a large battery. Interior might as well be made of porcelain. Improve transmission, it has a very short life span.