Bye-bye, Chev! Never again...
By Blazerhater on
1997 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD
Afvter the amount of issues with this vehicle - and past GM's - I will NEVER purchase another General Motors product. Right now I am replacing my third water pump. I have spent enough money at dealerships to have purchased this vehicle twice now. I have had seven things blow in the last 6 months - rear window wiper motor, water pump, ignition module, idler arm, vacuum heater, transmission, mirror console - and three oil leaks from somewhere. Always changed oil to reccomendations and always dealer serviced once per year.
Favorite Features
I like that the vehicle has no water drip molding so that I may be refreshed during any amount of precipitation - because it is blowing in even if you have you window just slightly open. I also like the use of the cheapest parts available because it has given me a chance to truly understand my SUV.
Suggested Improvements
First, fire your whole design team. Next, fire your whole quality control department. Send the CEO to Honda, Nissan or Toyota for 6 months to learn something. Make executive pay based on amount of recalls and customer dissatisfaction. Sue whomever ran the company in 1997 for gross negligence.