Used 1997 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

1997 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

price value of 1997 s10 blazer
By don sanders

1997 Chevrolet Blazer 4dr SUV 4WD

my 1997 s10 blazer is a wonderful vehichle and i enjoy it everytime i get in it. i wish i would have bought one years ago.

Favorite Features

drives great, looks real good, i just love it.

Suggested Improvements

side and rear side airbags

My Blazer
By kelley

1997 Chevrolet Blazer 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my truck. It's 4wd so I can go off road. The miles that I have put on it are from driving from Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, NC before and after my two deployments to Iraq. So I do a lot of freeway driving. And it pulls my trailer with no problem at all. The only thing that I have ever had go wrong with my truck was my mom ran over a stump one time in a field and dented the gas tank but that wasnt that much to fix. All in all I love my truck. and I realy don't want to get rid of it but I want a newer vehicle just like everyone on this earth does.

Favorite Features

Four wheel drive and the V6 Vortex

Suggested Improvements

I think all vehicles that are 4WD should come with a tow hitch. Mine did not but I had one installed and I love it.

Good for me.
By John

1997 Chevrolet Blazer 4dr SUV 4WD

As a student, I can't afford to waste money on repairs. So far with my Blazer, I've only had to replace the wiper module($60). Everything else is running perfect at 53,000 miles. I do some city driving, but mostly highway and can get over 20 mpg if I drive it easy. Sometimes I haul friends around and I've never had complaints with the interior space or cargo area. 4X4 is nice to have in the winter time.

Favorite Features

Nice power for 20 mpg. Body styling is attractive, especially with running boards. comfortable interior reliability, not once has it failed to start on the first turn of the key.

Suggested Improvements

For being 190 horsepower, it doesn't accelerate all that great. Maybe a larger back seat.

Bad tranny
By darbycole

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

i like this vehicle besides the fact that the tranny in it stinks. i've heard alot of bad things about Blazer trannies and now I can relate as my tranny went out last month. Otherwise a nice SUV. Plenty of power and a comfortable ride overall.

Favorite Features

4x4, and towing package

Suggested Improvements

Better built tranny and better gas mileage

Nice '97 blazer
By Dichard

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall this was a very good used car purchase. The only thing I have had to do to this SUV is change the ball joints 3 times! Cheap OEM ball joints they just don't last. No other problems and I would recommend the vehicle. Very roomy interior and lots of space for all your traveling needs. Comfortable to drive on long trips. plenty of horse power in the Vortec V6.

Favorite Features

Very roomy.

Suggested Improvements

Ball Joints.