1997 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Don't Buy It!!!!
By KickerSolo on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

This vehicle was the fist chevy I have every owned and it will be the last. I had it for 1 year and got rid of it as soon as I could. I have never had so many problems.

Never own another Blazer
By Blind sided on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Blazer used,with only 34,000 miles on it. I have had nothing but trouble with it from the very start. At 75,000 miles, my transmission went out,Cost to replace $1,600. My wipers front and rear quit working.Cost to fix $300.00. The front wipers quit working during a storm, almost causeing an accident, as I could not see. Most recently, my catoletic converter went out, causing me to be stranded on the turnpike with a small child in the dark. Cost $800.00. I have replace the front wheel bearings every year since I've owned the Blazer.My A/C quit working, as the compressor has a leak. Cost$600.00 to repair. 4-sale 4 what ever I can get out of it.

A Terrible Vehicle
By golfgod550 on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Worst vehicle I have ever owned...I have put six batteries and three alternators in the truck and yet GM says there is no electrical problems with these trucks. The brakes failed and I ran into a sidewalk. The push- button 4WD had to be replaced. The heating system had to be fixed and now the AC does not get cold, despite a recent coolent recharging. Oh, and there have been countless recalls on top of these expensive repairs. This the last GM product I will ever own.

WORST CAR I EVER OWNED
By Brian Selepack on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

NOTHING BUT TROUBLE!! I HAVE TO TAKE IT TO THE SHOP AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH. BUY SOMETHING ELSE..

honest opinion
By usagi on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Costly maintenance. Break does not work well. Don't be decieved by the appearance.

Junk
By Gummersbach on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Worse vehicle I have ever owned. Major electrical issues, including multiple alternators, etc. I must carry around a box of fuses to re-energize the dash every couple weeks after the fuse blows. If I do not replace it, the battery drains and I have a dead vehicle. A total nightmare.

Heart beat of American CRAP
By big dub 4 life on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

This car is a prime example of American CRAP. It is unreliable. After so many miles in this car, one thing after the other starts to break down. This car wont go the distance. From the transmission, belts you name it, it will break! This car had so many RECALLS. Just like all the other American cars CRAP. Save your money and stress dont belive the lies, go foriegn! Please if you want us to buy American put some heart into your products, at least try to make your products last more than 20,000 miles!

Met the need
By Happy one on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Very happy. Reliable, with very few problems. Transmission had a problem within first 2 years, but was under warranty. Tires lasted over 53,000 miles. Rear window washer feeder line has been a pain... keeps coming loose. Starting to hear a few annoying rattles inside cabin, coming from doors. Love the 4.3 L engine, had it in previous GMC Jimmy. Overall, it met my needs just fine.

So far so good
By VDOG on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

Only had 1 mo. Mech. said except for possible oil leak this is a verry reliable veh. Could certainly use more power, but if you put your foot in it it will suffice. Verry good handling for size. Feels verry stable & corners well. Does not feel top heavy like others.

Don't waste your money
By icede on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I sent my Blazer to the shop more times that I can count - from the spark plug wires burning out, the fuel injectors clogging up (protective coating at the factory was not removed), the fuel gauge not working, and the transmission having serious issues. In the last few years, the Blazer sat in my garage while I drove my Honda – I just did not trust the Blazer anymore after being left stranded by it too many times. Thankfully, I just traded it in over the weekend for a Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner. I can finally trust a truck. My advice: Do not buy a Chevy. Sure, they're like a rock... and Rocks don't move much, last I checked.