Used 1997 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

watch the tranny
By chris

1997 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I first bought my Blazer with 61 k on and at 7 years old. Soon had to replace the usual, (tires, brakes, fluids etc). Overall very reliable if you take care of it. Today with 180k I have to put it away as there are serious problems with age even if you take care of it. Last year the tranny went .... 2400... Never been the same since.... But I love the interior, all leather and with the sunroof and electric features it was great. The gas gauge never worked. Now there is a metallic squealing in first gear ( tranny a year old), and the repair shop long gone. I did get use out of it as I travel a lot and far... Have not had front end or ball joint problems but have had rear end issues(axle&seals)

leather, sunroof, friendly interior

Transmission

Too many repairs
By lhenry16

1997 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought the car 3 years old and loved the look and roominess of the car. After about 5 years the car had many repairs. I now have 175,000 miles on it but it cost me to keep it running. Now am thinking about leasing a car so I can drive a new car and not worry about repairs. The check engine light has been on for years regardless of what I do to repair the car. Was a major pain trying to pass the Ohio E-Check inspection with it on permanently. Paid $200 to replace the light when it burned out. Ridiculous! Love the storage space and look but not the maintenance.

Look, storage area, comfort of seats,

Would love to know reason for check engine light being on-always despite constant repairs. No mechanic can figure it out so far

Great for age
By matt

1997 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased the Blazer with 93 grand on the ticker, not knowing any past info on the car. I have 126 grand on it now and it's been a great vehicle other than the fuel pump dieing but what do you expect out of 11 years? All the options work great, I abuse a vehicle as it is my office on wheels every day in Atlanta. I miss the s-series truck line as I've owned a few but I guess I'll keep my Blazer going and replace whatever it needs from years to come! You cant beat the styling and comfort! I love my truck!

Styling, easy to work on, easy on the eyes and wallet to own

Maybe a higher stance for 4x4 models

163000 and still going strong!
By kansley

1997 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

When I bought this Blazer I was getting rid of my 2001 Turbo Jetta and getting something cheaper to fix. However I have put 10000 miles on the truck and have only had to replace the serpentine belt. Had a transmission shutter but realized engine misfire was the problem. I deliver pizzas so the 4WD comes in handy were I live. However better gas mileage would be nice.

Push button 4WD, versitilaty.

Gas mileage

1997 4wd 4dr
By Jessy

1997 Chevrolet Blazer SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my Blazer. My family didn't want me to have a truck so I got a Blazer. It doesn't want to always start because I live in northern Minnesota with -30 degree weather on some days. I've had to do some work on it because it has 160,000 miles but it's working great.

4wd buttons, fold down back seats, and over all horsepower.

Gas mileage.