1996 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Review: Very Reliable/Excellent Depend

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Review

Very Reliable/Excellent Dependability
By dennosar on

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

It has overall been an extremely reliable vehicle. I live in Alaska and I travel often 150 miles one way at a stretch. The highway can be very lonely in the winter months (I carry a cell phone in case I need it, often times it is of no use to me do to the mountains blocking reception!) Four wheel drive is a must here! I use it all the time on slick roads and off road along beaches gathering clams or along the river here in extremely deep, soft, sand to fish. The only negative thing I have encountered with the vehicle was the oil cooler hoses were leaky and I had trouble getting one due to a nation wide backorder issue.

It tows great! I towed a trailer-3200 lbs from Minnesota through Canada to Alaska with no problems. Also I towed a VW Passat 150 miles. The 4.3 towed through all the mountain hills nicely. I like the 4x4 button. The heater works great! The engine starts every time in the winter months.

I always felt this vehicle was overpriced and still do. Compare it with a full size vehicle and its price. Sorry, the pricing is just not justified.