1996 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Review: No more GM

1996 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Review

No more GM
By Run while you can on

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Blazer with 32000 miles on it and have had to repair it constantly. Alternator twice, water pump 3 times, intake gaskets, axle bearings, transmission, cooling system rusted up and no amount of flushing will stop it. I have an open ground in the wiring harness and had to ground the blower motor directly to chassis ground. Vacuum lines have become brittle and shut down the windshield washers, 4wd and ac. When I tried to splice them, they crumbled in my hands. The tensioner fell off the engine and the transmission went out despite frequent fluid and filter changes. I have been loyal to GM through their diesel days and bad overdrive transmissions but I am done with them. No more GM.

Favorite Features

None. I liked my Blazer when I first bought it. When I had to pour money into repairs constantly I started having second thoughts. I will not buy GM ever again.

Suggested Improvements

Quit building things to fail and try to build them to last. I have vacuum lines on a 1978 El Camino in better shape than my Blazer at 50000 miles. Brakes. Clue: when you put cheap plastic in hot places like a transmisson it falls apart. Stop whittling away at the quality of your products.