A rough life Blazer gets a second chance.
By chevyvortecs on
1996 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD
I have a Black Chevrolet Blazer LT 4x4 that has been in my family for as is old. I'm the third person to hold it, and its had a rough life before I held it. It went from being hardly used sitting half its life, to being used rough and not being taken care of, as a result it blew a motor and was expensive to get replaced. Since its been with me its been a neat project car and daily driver. The physical condition is excellent, and the new motor has been plenty reliable, with a few ticks every now and then in the cold. Probably some piston slap. Note the second engine in it is used w/ 100k+ miles. With minor additions to the engine I've done, runs and drives like new. It's a great car for me.
Favorite Features
The 4 wheel drive is great to have. Very powerful. Rides well. Big cargo in a small package. Hands down fun SUV to drive. Reliablility is fair - good, just take care of it for a confident experience. Good looking exterior appearance. Transmission shifts smooth. Great highway passing power. Overall, solid car. Just be sure you get the right one.
Suggested Improvements
Cheap interior. Questionable reliablity of chevrolet's 4.3 liter V6 engines overall.