Used 1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

if you have money to spend
By maggie1

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

first 1200 (1996)miles blew a transmission seal, then air conditioner wouldnt work while 105 in Nevada. Costly tows (reimbursed) due to warranty many times in the garage due to transmission problems, replaced transmission in 2002 and the extended warrantly goes back to the original date of purchase not the date we had implemented. will not buy another GM blazer type vehicle, especially this kind. I have talked to many other owners and yes they too have had tranny problems.

color

transmission is a major problem, and improve on the seats

Not a reliable car!
By AJ kline

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car thinking it would be the greatest thing ever! This has given me nothing but problems! It doesnt get very good gas mileage, i needed to replace the alternator, battery, head cylinder, brakes and more. It has 130k miles and many things are falling apart on the inside. The rear left door gets jammed shut, the drivers door hindge is falling apart, backseat drivers side power window button broke, and many other things are falling down hill! Everytime i get in the car i just hope it will get me from one place to another without dying. Do yourself a favor and get a different car, unless you plan on putting 5,000$+ into auto- parts!

Back windows go all the way down, Fold down rear seats, Overhead console...

Better gas mileage!

It's a money pit!!!
By loyd629

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle has needed more repairs than any other car I have ever owned. I too have had problems with oil leaks requiring high cost repairs. AC, engine, transmission problems. Each time I say I will sell it, another costly repair is required and then I keep it only to get back a little of what I put into it. I am very good about doing the routine maintenance so it is not that I just let this car go. I wil not buy one again, nor would I ever recommend it. --I also get poor gas mileage.

Body is sound.

Mechanics have told us that some parts on the Blazer are more appropriate to a car vs an SUV (eg: Ball joints are too small for an off road vehicle)

Chevy's For Life
By Chevy Man

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my blazer used and it had 45,000 miles on it I have put on 103,000 since then. Within 6 months I had a new tranny, Brake System, and Air Conditioning system. But you can't turn back time and redo what the person before you did. Since then I have had really no problems I have Had to replace the thermostat several times and a battery a couple of times and that is about it. It is Great for a Family.

I love the get up and go, the room even though it is a small truck.

They could improve the gas mileage, and the cooling system. It does not want to stay cool when it is about 105 or more outside.

Blazer is better then exploder
By dv

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

What an awsome and fun truck to drive. gas mileage needs to be improved a little