1996 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Poor long term performance
By Roxbyrose on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

The Chevy Blazer is a staple of the SUV industry whose body style has not changed for a number of years; I have figured out why. Chevy does not want the consumer to know the number of old (7+ years) Blazers still remain on the road in running condition. I have had consistant problems with the A/C, radiator and oil system. The oil lines leak requiring replacement every 2 years ($1200 expense). The engine light comes on like a movie theater marque. My average oil change costs at least $150. If someone must have a Blazer, my suggestion is to LEASE it. Do not buy this vehicle. In the long run, the cost to own it out weighs the value of the vehicle.

Time to buy a foreign Truck!
By MarkyMark on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I had many problems with this vehicle from day one! Unfortunately, I purchase the used vehicle extended warranty! A year ago, at 93,000 miles.!. My engine ceazed up! The rod spun a bearing and that was it for this engine. Believe me this engine had it's oil changed every 3000 miles and I was very good with the schedule maintenance. Amazing by the manufacturerers, said that these vehicles are maintenance free until 100,000 miles!!!! FALSE!!! So, in a year if that I will be buying a Foreign Truck , for a quiet ride, no rattles, and engine that will last over 100,000 miles with no headaches! And a manufacturer that backs up their vehicles!!!

BAD BLAZER
By jecreech on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

I am a mechanic and this is my wifes primary vehicle I am amazed these things sell like they do considering the common problems I see with them the cooling system is a major problem which GM denies they have also used faulty materials in the manufacturing such as the transmisson dipsticks and tubes that are very prone to rust at this point in time I have no desire to own any more GM vehicles