1996 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
1996 LT
By ED KOZICKI on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

BETTER THAN AVERAGE GAS MILAGE FOR THE ENGINE & HP. PREVIOUSLY OWNED A 1987 BLAZER AND FIND MY 1996 LT PROVIDES A MORE COMFORTABLE RIDE. HANDLES MORE LIKE A MID-SIZE CAR THAN A TRUCK. THE NEGATIVE SIDE IS THAT THERE WERE 4 RECALLS ON THE VEHICLE WHICH INCLUDED EXHAUST MANIFOLD AND ABS BRAKES.

I want another Toyota
By uncleharvey on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

I had a Toyota 4x4 for 12 years before this vehicle, and I am looking at Toyota again. We have put to much money into this 6 year old vehicle (AC compressor, Heater core, Battery, alternator, Rear latch) all of which were fine on my Toyota after 10 years. Not impressed with the workmanship and the reliability of American(at least Chevy) trucks.

Blazen
By Blazen on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

paid about $8000 for this truck w/95k on it..runs excellent..however if you dont take care of it..as w/other cars (except honda) it will give u a hassel. like bending your crossmemeber..things like that. overall..its good, very pwrful, i love the insta trac 4x4..floor it off the line, in the rain, absolutely no skid at all! one set back..the wind shield wipers suck!

CRAP!
By ScottyPBDenver on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer 2dr SUV

I have had my s-10 blazer sport since 98 and all it has done was suck my checking account dry. It had problems even the dealer couldn't diagnose. It would overheat for no reason, stall for no reason - been through 3 fuel pumps, 2 alternators and something wrong with the ac that I could never afford to fix. Piece of crap - dealer wouldn't even give me more than $500 as a trade in value.

Hooked on Chevy, it works for me!
By Orrin on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I find the truck perfect for traveling up into the mountains of CO. It has pleanty of pick up and torque for going up the steap grades. The paint has stayed unusually shiny! The sound systems is great and does not distort. It's great off road and I've never been stuck in the mud.

GREAT SUV
By TONY75 on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I BOUGHT THIS VEHICAL USES AND IT HAS NEVER GIVEN ME A PROBLEM

BEST IN CLASS
By TONY76 on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

GREAT VEHICAL IT GIVES ME GREAT DRIVING PLEASURE EVERY TIME I DRIVE IT. ANOTHER GREAT SUV FROM CHEVY

This Chevy is too heavy
By Gerrit Christopher V on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck was an exciting new purchase that has turned into nothing but problmems. It is 7 years old and was bought new and has been babied to 49k miles. The door bottoms are rusted out after being garaged and waxed every month. Paint, what paint. I would almost be better off with bare metal. The wind and interior noise is attrotious at best. You have a sore throat after a highway conversation and the build quality of the interior and exterion is severly lacking with fabric tears, blow fuses and electrical problems every year. I'd have to say this car is a lemon. Just like every other Blazer on the roads. Buy a CRV or a Mseries benz. Do yourself a favor!!!

I've tried to love it, BUT
By Sad in San Fran on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer 4dr SUV 4WD

Like another reviewer, I really want to love this car, and I have. The size is perfect inside (plenty big enough) and out (not an SUV monstrosity); it handles well and is generally a pleasure to drive. BUT - just had to replace the alternator and tensioner belt, and the bladder for the power brakes, all separate events two weeks after my extended warranty expired. Sad to say, I got my money's worth on the ext warrty too - ABS replacement at 40K; numerous brake issues and recalls; have never been happy with the braking on this car. At this point, I am getting rid of this poorly made vehicle as soon as I have time to buy somethng - no more chevy's for me!

Wish I could Love It
By rjackjack on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

I purchased this new when I could keep this vehicle out of the shop I have loved it -BUT- I have replaced 3 alternators, 2 air conditioners, fuel injector spider, front idler arm, rear differential seals and had to have brakes done about every 9K miles. Now it has metal to metal rattle in front end. The interior is designed nice other than rear seat lock disengage for folding down. Other than that I love the handle, the size, the comfort. Just wish GM could get their stuff together.