Used 1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

RED RIDER
By raider

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this from a person who had it from when it was new. Never had any major problems and now I have it and it rides great and is good in the snow.For me this Suv runs like a champ plenty of power.

chevy, like a rock
By tlw0131

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought my Blazer 2 years ago used. Buying it used, from an elderly woman I expected problems. Had to replace brakes and 2 rotors and water pump. From age, and not being maintained. Since then just the brake switch, heating core and a new distributor cap. Has 156,000 miles. Drive it to school and home all the time (130 miles) been off roading plenty. Great 4x4 for its size. With the right maintenance I feel anyone can keep any car running good. Its still as red as any 09 red car. No fading. Oh. The ac compressor doesn't work, but I prefer the Windows down anyways.

Favorite Features

4x4.2 dr. Power wd. Keyless entry. Great paint. Not too big and not too small. Comfy for long trips. Stock speakers when I bought it were awesome as well. Tinted back Windows.

Suggested Improvements

the wind tosses it easily. the dashboard cover is the WORST to get off. brakes could be better

Loved
By Sky

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I just got my Blazer in November '08. It has 162,200 miles on it and runs great! The only problem I had was the battery was loose, but it was easily fixed. Other than that, I lovev my Blazer.

Favorite Features

Leather, power seats. 4WD

Regret getting this as first car
By jmpettey3

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle was amazing when i first purchased it. But then it went downhill from there. Once one thing broke down. Then another. I had parts quitting on me one right after another. I have practically replaced all major parts. Getting ready to replace the alternator.

Favorite Features

Has gotten me through the horrible winters in Michigan

Suggested Improvements

Horrible layout for under the hood. Make better parts that last!

Good looking truck
By Tony

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased the truck new and in 12 years have driven 28,100 miles. I had to replace the alternator at 20,000 miles and upgraded the brake system with drilled and slotted rotors and high performance pads. Now the brakes are great. My 2nd battery died last nite. I needed to fix the leaking oil lines which also leaked in my 1994 Pontiac Gran Prix. Other than the above listed problems the truck rides great and has good acceleration, confort, looks and reliability.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable especially on long trips. Paint is still in great shape and reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Original brakes needed upgrade. Interior has too much plastic (cheap looking).