1996 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Best Truck I Ever had
By sean on 11/19/06 19:09 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I just feel so sure when I am driving it that it is going to get me where I am going

10 year slump
By jax1202 on 01/22/06 15:22 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

Well, the Blazer is now 10 years old, I have only had it for 2 of them, but with in the last year I have had to get : All new tires ($500.00) a new radiator system ($1,400.00). I also have put in new shocks,The piece to move the seat back and forward was broke long ago, ... I need a new brake system, as well as a intake manifold gauge. The gas mileage isn't as bad as I expected for having a SUV though.

Doomed from the factory
By bf23 on 01/20/06 20:35 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

These Blazers have problems. Cooling problems, engine problems, 4wd problems. They are expensive to fix. Spent over 2000 dollars in 2 months on the cooling system. Almost all Blazers build up coolant sludge, and the cooling system immediatly starts to break down. Not worth it. Do yourself a favor and buy another car. The used sale price may be enticing, but the repairs are ridiculous. It's impossible to work on this car! Almost impossible to change the spark plug wires, and impossible to change the spark plugs. The drivers side has a steering rack running right by the plug, thus you can't get in there with a wrench.

Cheap and Easy
By Jeff on 08/09/05 10:46 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle used with 169k and have had no problems to date. I wanted a cheap SUV that was still in good condition. The body is good with no rust, the engine runs great, and the interior is still in very good condition. For $2,700, I know I got a great deal.

Hope you're a mechanic!
By anonabombga on 07/17/05 12:11 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car four years ago and have had nothing but trouble. The air conditioning system is completly broken and stopped working three months after I bought it. I have replaced the radiator and thermostat twice. The brakes have always been difficult, and the transmission is slipping. The passenger seat recliner no longer works, and the rear door gets jammed all the time. It eats up gas and is constantly running hot.

Great overall vehichle
By Frank on 06/25/05 14:15 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I just bought this SUV, and replaced the 4X4 buttons, the A/C controls, and the fuel pump assembly ( after 155000 miles you can't expect it to be perfect). The sound system works great, the vehicle now runs and drives great, and it looks great. Paint is still shiny after 155,000 miles and 9 years of driving. Gas mileage isn't the best, but driving an SUV, you can't expect to get 25 miles to the gallon either. I would reccomend this vehicle to a friend.

Good drive, great looks
By ashbellini on 03/28/05 16:47 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

We bought this car after almost a month of hunting. With two small children it was not my first choice of vehicles, but I have grown to love the roomy interior and reliability. Plus we constantly get compliments on the how nice it looks. Now that we are hunting for another car we first check out the other Blazers on the lot.

A great family vehicle
By djwildcat19742 on 01/29/05 10:44 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned my Blazer for a little over a year now and when I bought it the truck had over 130,000 miles on it. It still runs and looks like a dream, and as a matter of fact, my husband and I show it. I think it's a great value vehicle. Big enough for family and friends to ride along, and the ride is comfortable.

Sweet
By blazergirl2006 on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I love my blazer! I have had it for about 6 months! Althought the engine blew because it was wrecked before and the dealer did not flush the fluids, we replaced it and i love it more than anything! I feel very safe in it! Although i wish it had power door locks and power windows I love it!

OK SUV
By chaz7311 on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

No problems so far, replaced thermostat and rear window release. Transmission shifts extremely had when driven on the highway for an hour or more. Not easy to drive in the wind, reclining seat handle broke.