Used 1996 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

'96 Blazer is an amazing SUV
By sjs13

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

The Blazer runs great, I live in Michigan and the brutal cold weather doesnt hurt the car, it runs like a champ. The car is in great condition, No rust on it at all, the paint is still on, With no chips!. I would recommend this car to anyone who's looking to buy a new used SUV

I love that it gives you the temp. outside and what direction you are heading. The stereo system works great. I love all of the compartments in it to put things like Cd's, Sunglasses, etc,.

None

UGh
By luvtoyota10

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This car is horrible. i only had 75k miles on it and it just started acting crazy and i had to fix it every month. I traded it in for a 2005 toyota highlander.

everything.

4.3 Motor is Strong and Thats about It
By KC

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

this small unattractive suv is suppose to be more fuel efficient then the suburban, but this is not the case...its certainly not more reliable. transmission replaced at 120k, fuel pump at 150k, ac compressor at 160k, but thats it, so reliability isn't too bad. today the mileage is 215,000. though the paint is fading and the windows leak when it rains, the motor ignites and runs as it did at 90k miles, not too shabby!

motor reliability

motor efficiency and power, and build quality...GM must raise the build standard to stay competitive which is not happening

1996 Chevy Blazer
By valbabe19

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car when it had about 168,000 miles on it. I needed a beater car to get back and forth to work..and trust me its a beater. I have had nothing but issues with it since I bought it. I had to replace the wheel bearings w/hub assembly, shocks (front and back), brakes, thermostat (twice), and now I am having major issues with the coolant system and the access tank running dry.

Having four wheel drive is great in the winter time for where I live.

bipolar blazer
By fussner

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I owned a 96 Chevy Blazer 4x4 and I beat the crap out of it, I got it stuck and almost flooded it and almost flipped it and have been thru many a trail or mud pit. But the thing is a mechanical mess! Its hard to modify not meant for off roading in any way, I went thru 2engines in 160k miles and will never buy a Chevy suv again.

comfort and power