Used 1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

10 year slump
By jax1202

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV

Well, the Blazer is now 10 years old, I have only had it for 2 of them, but with in the last year I have had to get : All new tires ($500.00) a new radiator system ($1,400.00). I also have put in new shocks,The piece to move the seat back and forward was broke long ago, ... I need a new brake system, as well as a intake manifold gauge. The gas mileage isn't as bad as I expected for having a SUV though.

Favorite Features

I like that it makes me feel safe while on the road with a bunch of nuts

Suggested Improvements

None, Its a good vehicle, just need to fix a lot now- but it is 10 years old, with 104k miles

Beware this car "could be a lemon!
By Fred H

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV

Overall this is a great truck. The performance and comfort is exceptional. The reliability and build quality is very poor. Some people have not had to do to much maintainace to their blazer's; I have. Parts that have been replaced: Alternator 40K, AC (Compressor Condenser)50K, Radiator 56K, Water Pump 60K, Ignition switch and computer 65K. The transmission is rilled with rust that has been deposited by the corosion of the dipstick. Buy at your own risk!!!!!

Favorite Features

Power, torque super tight handling

Suggested Improvements

Complete redesign of the powertrain

Chevrolet It just Makes Sense
By Murphy

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV

I can't say enough about the value of my purchase. I bought from a private seller and came equipped with a CARFAX report. For a little over $7,000 I'm in heaven. Designed for comfort and frontal visibility the vehicle has decent pickup and is easy to park and steer. The only slight drawback would be with the blind spots while backing but other than that I'm recommited to the Chevy Line.

Favorite Features

I'm a big fan of the interior and ergonomics of the Mini-SUV. Everything is where my hand expects it to be.

Suggested Improvements

Although the exterior is attractive the window placement makes backing a test of mirror placement.