1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
A rough life Blazer gets a second chance.
By chevyvortecs on 09/05/12 21:56 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have a Black Chevrolet Blazer LT 4x4 that has been in my family for as is old. I'm the third person to hold it, and its had a rough life before I held it. It went from being hardly used sitting half its life, to being used rough and not being taken care of, as a result it blew a motor and was expensive to get replaced. Since its been with me its been a neat project car and daily driver. The physical condition is excellent, and the new motor has been plenty reliable, with a few ticks every now and then in the cold. Probably some piston slap. Note the second engine in it is used w/ 100k+ miles. With minor additions to the engine I've done, runs and drives like new. It's a great car for me.

i love my blazer 96
By blazer2979 on 07/12/12 08:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

i bought my blazer 4 days ago for 600 bucks i mean it pretty beat up but it still runs great for a 96 it has 140k miles and it has never had any real major stuff fix. i could brake down tomorrow and i could scrap it to get my money back. i love the power and suspension it takes turns great the oil in it hasn't been change in the last 7k miles so im going to flush that out. it starts on the turn of the key its an amazing car and i love it. i gets great gas milage for a suv too

you think u wouldent like it but u do
By chevyfan101 on 03/29/12 14:20 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

first of all the blazers is a well built truck that may not have the best colors and interior biuld but they are fully built trucks. they at first might look bad but in the long run they are really dependeble.there one of those trucks ghat don't really feel and sound like a truck but they can take the biggest weather conditions and enviroments of any kind and still this trick will push out to its Max power to keep you safe i have had two and the first was a 96 as is my current and it saved my family's life after getting hit by a huge semi and we were able to drive away and the blazed is a truck you can depend on year round. and i would prefer this than broncos 100% ive had both

'96 Blazer is an amazing SUV
By sjs13 on 01/27/12 11:38 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV

The Blazer runs great, I live in Michigan and the brutal cold weather doesnt hurt the car, it runs like a champ. The car is in great condition, No rust on it at all, the paint is still on, With no chips!. I would recommend this car to anyone who's looking to buy a new used SUV

UGh
By luvtoyota10 on 04/08/11 11:57 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This car is horrible. i only had 75k miles on it and it just started acting crazy and i had to fix it every month. I traded it in for a 2005 toyota highlander.

4.3 Motor is Strong and Thats about It
By KC on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV

this small unattractive suv is suppose to be more fuel efficient then the suburban, but this is not the case...its certainly not more reliable. transmission replaced at 120k, fuel pump at 150k, ac compressor at 160k, but thats it, so reliability isn't too bad. today the mileage is 215,000. though the paint is fading and the windows leak when it rains, the motor ignites and runs as it did at 90k miles, not too shabby!

1996 Chevy Blazer
By valbabe19 on 09/06/10 11:21 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car when it had about 168,000 miles on it. I needed a beater car to get back and forth to work..and trust me its a beater. I have had nothing but issues with it since I bought it. I had to replace the wheel bearings w/hub assembly, shocks (front and back), brakes, thermostat (twice), and now I am having major issues with the coolant system and the access tank running dry.

bipolar blazer
By fussner on 01/31/10 23:13 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I owned a 96 Chevy Blazer 4x4 and I beat the crap out of it, I got it stuck and almost flooded it and almost flipped it and have been thru many a trail or mud pit. But the thing is a mechanical mess! Its hard to modify not meant for off roading in any way, I went thru 2engines in 160k miles and will never buy a Chevy suv again.

RED RIDER
By raider on 05/29/09 06:14 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this from a person who had it from when it was new. Never had any major problems and now I have it and it rides great and is good in the snow.For me this Suv runs like a champ plenty of power.

chevy, like a rock
By tlw0131 on 04/17/09 17:19 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought my Blazer 2 years ago used. Buying it used, from an elderly woman I expected problems. Had to replace brakes and 2 rotors and water pump. From age, and not being maintained. Since then just the brake switch, heating core and a new distributor cap. Has 156,000 miles. Drive it to school and home all the time (130 miles) been off roading plenty. Great 4x4 for its size. With the right maintenance I feel anyone can keep any car running good. Its still as red as any 09 red car. No fading. Oh. The ac compressor doesn't work, but I prefer the Windows down anyways.