Used 1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

LS 2dr SUV (4.3L V6)

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
10 year slump
By jax1202 on 01/22/06 15:22 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

Well, the Blazer is now 10 years old, I have only had it for 2 of them, but with in the last year I have had to get : All new tires ($500.00) a new radiator system ($1,400.00). I also have put in new shocks,The piece to move the seat back and forward was broke long ago, ... I need a new brake system, as well as a intake manifold gauge. The gas mileage isn't as bad as I expected for having a SUV though.

Beware this car "could be a lemon!
By Fred H on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

Overall this is a great truck. The performance and comfort is exceptional. The reliability and build quality is very poor. Some people have not had to do to much maintainace to their blazer's; I have. Parts that have been replaced: Alternator 40K, AC (Compressor Condenser)50K, Radiator 56K, Water Pump 60K, Ignition switch and computer 65K. The transmission is rilled with rust that has been deposited by the corosion of the dipstick. Buy at your own risk!!!!!

Chevrolet It just Makes Sense
By Murphy on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

I can't say enough about the value of my purchase. I bought from a private seller and came equipped with a CARFAX report. For a little over $7,000 I'm in heaven. Designed for comfort and frontal visibility the vehicle has decent pickup and is easy to park and steer. The only slight drawback would be with the blind spots while backing but other than that I'm recommited to the Chevy Line.