1995 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Review: Junk

1995 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Review

LT 4dr SUV (4.3L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

By Brandon on

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this car with 80,000 miles on it when I was 15. Since then, I've replaced almost the whole engine + more. I think it started with the water pump. I've been through 3 of them. Changed the thermostat twice, replaced the egr valve and clean it yearly with carb spray due to carbon buildup. Changed the cap and rotor, spark plugs and wires, idle air control valve, pcv, fuel filter, swapped the whole rear axle with one from a junkyard, replaced the brake line reservoir and brake lines, muffler and catalytic converter, and the starter. Recently I replaced the whole cooling system,(radiator, heater core, water pump, hoses). These are just a few things that I had to fix.

Great 4 wheel drive. This is probably the only reason i keep this truck because of our winters here. Comfortable seating, great acousticness for a sound system. My two JL 15w3v2's sound absolutely ridiculous in this truck. Nice cargo room with seats folded down, rear windows go down all the way :).

Wow, where to begin. An engine with more torque and much less mechanical issues. Dome light overide so that I could have it turned off so it won't mess with my viper alarm/remote start/2 way pager system. A rear view mirror thats connected to the roof rather than just the windshied.