1995 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Review: Blazer

1995 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Review

Blazer
By chevy blazer on

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Blazer for $1800 and put 10,000 miles on it. So far $850 for tranny rebuild. Fuel pump put on before I got it. 4wd works when it wants to. Shake the wires on transfer case sometimes works. EGR no good but you can buy a piece of screen wire from dealer for $16-20 that will reduce carbon build up. Gas mileage in city between 10 or 12 miles to gallon. Gets 17 or 18 mpg on highway. Brakes are no good. On slick surfaces they pulsate and make an awful racket. I guess it is a very poor ABS system. Not to mention I got truck for $1800 because tail lights would not work. Looks nice with $150 exhaust I had to put on because muffer rusted apart. Trim is starting to come off now.

I like my new tires and my Geo Prism that gets 30 miles to the gallon. Balance gas mileage cost between the Geo and the Blazer and I probably average 20 mpg.

Better brakes that stop faster while your sliding. Gas mileage improvments and better working 4WD would be nice. My mechanic said he put back better parts in tranny. Hope it holds up. Better visabilty around vehicle would be nice.