Used 1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Dont Ever Think About Buying One
By Big Bad Bob

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Ive reploaced the engine twice plus 1 transmission, 1 AC compressor, 1 rad, 1 water pump, ball joints, 1 catalytic converter, o2 sensor. Now all I need to fix is the brakes the funny clonking noise the interior rattle and the noisy fuel pump and it should be OK! I cant believe GM ever thought it was acceptable to sell it.

Favorite Features

That Im not the only one who thought they bought a lemon.

Suggested Improvements

Give everyone their money back and build a decent car.

love my Blazer
By mfree

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is great in snow and has been very dependable. It has required minimal maintenance and has not rusted in with all these salty roads.

Favorite Features

4WD, overhead console

Chevy needs to improve blazers
By Laredmun

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

i bought this 95 blazer LT with 123K i've only had to fix the brakes on it and replace two rotors the engine seems to lack power. the MPG is 16-17 ouch that hurts but other than that my blazer has performed well now it has 138K

A great all around SUV
By jaredmsd

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my Blazer, it has wonderful power and has more get-up-and-go than my new 4Runner that has 60 more hp. The interior fits perfectly and is comfortable. I also like the truck features like the 4-Lo and the rear hatch door that lays flat like a pick- up. The cargo space and floor length is still unbeatable in a midsize SUV (try finding a midsize SUV with a floor length greater than 6 ft.). Like others, I've had problems with my fuel/exhaust system.. I have replaced the EGR valve and the fuel injector. I have 144,000 miles though and it is still running like a champ. I've never been stranded on the side of the road, and I've never been stuck in snow.

Favorite Features

Powerful V6 that still competes with today's high horsepower engines, wonderful exterior looks, and still unbeatable cargo room/features for a midsize SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Exhaust system has problems, and hopefully has been fixed in later models.

It has been a good vehicle
By mgates

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

Bought new,still like its looks; not big,dark back windows,nice wheels. Excellent paint,red/tan leather,attractive.ERG valve problems twice.Freeze plug leaked coolant.Replaced the fuel pump.The brakes have fadded several times after alot of stopping with a full load of people.Bigger brakes are needed. The ride is much better than an Explorer or other SUVs available in 95. I like the tail gate. Good for sitting on to put on golf shoes,carrying long items. It has excellent capicity in the rear for tennis bags, golf bags, building materials, gardening materials. Since narrow 68", it fits in smaller garages and parking spaces.

Favorite Features

Looks, size, carrying capicity, good power, usefulness.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger brakes. Less bouncy rear suspension.