Used 1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

the blaze
By cck

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

have not had many problems with mine. the egr valve stuck open once and i had to put a fuel pump in it but its been good to me with 115,000 miles on it

Favorite Features

the style and comfort

Suggested Improvements

mileage is not the best

My Baby
By Stricklin52

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my baby! It has been the best vehicle that I've ever owned. I hate to part with it, but I managed to have to bad deer collisions within one week, and they are totalling my baby! Get one if you can.

Favorite Features

4.3L High Output engine, could haul big boats, campers, and tractors without struggling. Very comfortable interior as well!

Suggested Improvements

I can't find anything wrong with it other than it is gone now.

Nickel and dime'd by this SUV!
By breakdownchevyblues

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this SUV 11/96 used with 26,000 miles. Reliable up until 68,000, nothing but major problems since! Had to rebuild the transmission, manifold, fuel injection, muffler(twice), O2 sensors(more times than can mention). After 90,000 miles power just doesn't seem the same and no one can figure out why?? Side view mirrors break off too easy (use metal instead of plastic). Power windows break down often and are pain to fix. When it is running good it is great (bumpy ride, however) but overall wish we had never bought it (got SUV fever in the mid 90's)...

Favorite Features

Overhead console nice. Looks real sporty. Has good power (up to 90,000)

Suggested Improvements

Scary to brake hard in! Fuel injection system stinks. Transmission needs improvement.

Excellant 1995 Blazer 4X4
By DrJorde

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I have driven this vehicle for the past 100,000 miles with no problems other than normal wear items such as brakes and shocks. The interior still looks new and the paint is still glossy. I am replacing it only because I want more towing power for desert trips. DrJorde

Favorite Features

4 wheel drive on the fly is great especially when it rains.

Suggested Improvements

Front side door panels could be attached better. Mine had to be reinforced with additional screws to stop them from rattling. GM would not fix with the extended warrantee.

I wouldnt buy one if I were you.
By Never buy one

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

The Blazer has cost twice as much to fix it as we paid for it. 2 motors, 1 tranny, AC compressor, catalytic converter, O2 sensor, water pump, ball joints, radiator, various electrical faults and much much more. It needs constant attention every time you fix something it breaks somewhere else. To make it worse the trim shakes rattles and squeaks over every bump.

Favorite Features

It is surprisingly good in snow.

Suggested Improvements

Acually do some reliability testing before you release it on the public - it isnt acceptable.