1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Junk!
By nascarfan on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle ate batteries, ball joints fuel injecters and fuel pumps. Had to fix several oil leaks. It rides like a lumber truck, which makes the interor ratal and squeek and fall apart.

No Problems
By LoveGM on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Had this car from day one. Great riding car. We drive long trips every summer and have had nor problems. We now have 108,000 miles on it, and only have had to replace the water pump. The brakes still seem to be a problem for GM, but change them yourself and its not that bad. Went through two sets of rotors within the 15,000 miles. Once I started changing them myself found out that it would only cost me $100 a year for new pads and rotors. Interior is nice and comfortable, however the rattles and other noises can get on your nerves after a while.

not worth it
By alb on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought the truck new. Loved the way it felt and road at first.Then things started to break. Had 5-7 recalls. Rear end went out at 60,000. Fuel injectors at 80,000. Cat. converter at 8500. Egr valve went out. I would get rid of it, but everytime I start to, something else breaks(water pump, alternator) and I fix it and keep it awhile longer.

Happy With Mine
By ziplin on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Had this Blazer for a few weeks (got it used as a cream-puff) put a thousand miles on it so far and it is out performing my expectations. will report further as I have more time in it to do a better evaluation. Thanks for all the previous input.

I'd get another...
By Chevy Man on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Great truck...sure some new model recalls came with it but people asked me constantly about my truck for the first 2 years I owned it! After 145,000 she still runs and looks great. No issues with the Transmission or engine (I only ran Mobil 1 5W-30 synthetic in her) . The Blazer was and is a GREAT Truck...I'd do it again.

Broke faster than it could be fixed
By Leroy R on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I loved my blazer but it never seemed to be defect free. I had to replace the entire braking system three times, the transmission, the entire cooling system, even the windsheild wiper system. The truck had problems that would stump mechanics. About once every 2 months I had to put another $1000 into the truck. I did all of the preventive maintance I could and I had the car checked out every 3000 miles, but it just kept falling apart. I calculated that if I had leased a car last year instead of owning my blazer, I could have leased a Porsche instead and had an extra $2500 left over for the insurance.

amazing suv
By Chlowin826 on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

As a first time driver and first time car owner, owning a chevy blazer has been a great experience. I feel completely a ease driving it and I know that I would be safe if I were to be in a accident. Even though my car has 101,000 miles on it is still runs as if it were new. It is a comfortable ride and the the back seat is ten times more spacious then my parents jeeps. Thr gas mileage is also better then my parents jeeps. Overall I love this car and would recomend that anyone invest in owning a Chevy Blazer.

Unreliable SUV
By NItia on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

I bought this truck used in April 2001. Ever since, this truck has been nothing but TROUBLE! The EGR vavle went twice,the truck's main computer("brain") went,the fuel pump& tank went and needed to be replaced,all six fuses blew out,and those also needed to be replaced twice, plus I needed to add front and rear brakes amung MANY OTHER things that all failed in the matter of 1 year. I've put well over $2500 worth of work on this truck and now my transmission is going, the car won't go past 5 mpr and the speedometer does'nt work sometimes. I cant wait to pay this off and get a new truck. I will NEVER buy a blazer again! Think before you do!!!!

Too many recalls and repairs
By Matt41053 on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

There are to many recalls on this blazer. I think I've had about 4-5 done to it. I've also had to replace the 4 wheel drive servo, the control station(the 3 buttons on the dash) and the transfer case because it got stuck in 4 wheel drive. The armrest/compartment creaks and rattles pretty bad also and get VERY annoying. I'd stay away from this model if I were you....

It's OK
By peaeye1 on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Transmission noisy since day 1. For the most part a reliable vehicle. Typical small SUV instability in wind and corners. Servicing the transmission is a pain!