1995 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Good all around vechile
By chevy dude on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this SUV used with 80,000+ on it. I also had to replace EGR water pump, A/C compressor. I have about 123,000 on it now. It is the wife's main transportation with 2 kids in car seats. I have used for everything from towing a utility trailer with 4,000 lbs.of sand, to pulling out small trees stump and all. To pulling cut trees with a chain to the back of the property. Have not had it stuck but have come close ( buried in mud up to the rim). It is picky about the fuel I use. Likes BP the best, premium. Ran much better with new plugs, wires, and K&N air filter.

Great SUV
By dan22000 on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

My father bought me a 1995 LT 4WD blazer, and i love it. Ive put about 8000 miles on it, and i have had no problems. The Vortec V6 is a great engine with so much power, the Delco sound system is also great. Off road it is a beast, but with a big engine the gas mileage is around 16-17 MPG, but other than that im am very happy with the SUV.

95 ST Blazer
By Timbo on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

The truck still runs like new-very smooth and doesn't use oil, but it's loosing power and that's killing the gas milage. There were actually very few repairs until 140,000 miles and then several very major things went wrong. The egr valve which had been replaced one before, failed again. This time the dealer removed the intake and cleaned the cross over passage which was largly blocked. At the same time he noticed that the fuel regulator (or some related component) was leaking. The entire bill came to $900. ouch. We also had to replace the fuel pump. Twice. Luckly the dealer waranteed the pump the second time. $1,100. ouch.

95 ST Blazer
By timbo on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I love GM, But this is JUNK!
By azdbackfan1 on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned Chevy/GM products all my life. This SUV is ready for the junk heap. I bought this SUV thinking that it would last. I have replaced the Alt.,Water pump, Starter, Idler arm, ball joints and had major tranny work done and things do not seem to work right yet! I am just hoping that it lasts until I can trade IT IN!

Quality transportation
By sperryrand on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I haven't had too many problems with my Blazer in the over two years I have had it. Purchased it from a dealer with 60,000 miles on the odometer, and now with 110,000 miles, I don't hesitate to take it anywhere. The fuel injector assembly failed shortly after purchase (a common failure on all the Vortec CPI/CMFI engines). Steering components on front tend to wear out somewhere before 100,000 miles and can be pricey to fix. I haven't had transmission problems with mine. Get transmission service records if you're looking at one. Be especially leery of one equipped with a trailer hitch; the 4L60E transmission doesn't seem to like heavy loads for extended periods.

Good when running, sucks when not!
By ChevyGirl on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Since purchasing the vehicle in 1999 I have had nothing but problems, replacing the transmission (twice),O2 sensors, EGR values, fuel injectors, major repairs to the frontend ... It has caused many of headaces over the years...however when running it is great, rides nice, comfy, lots of room for passengers and parcels.....

Good when running, sucks when not!
By CHEVYGIRL on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

beware of this truck
By Pinky on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

if your buying a used blazer from a dealer take it else were to get it certified, the one that i bought (supposed to have been cerified) had next to no brakes.....changed the fuel pump, egr valve.oxygene sensor,now my abs is acting up.........i DO NOT trust this truck to go out of town with....but it looks good and that is it...so beware people.not a good investment.....

lots of problems
By chevywoman77 on 09/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this 1995 blazer... within a month of the purchase, i spent over $2000 dollars on it.........first of all, the brakes where very soft, so i replaced the master cylinder, again same problem....then the water pump, then EGR valve,,,then the oxygene sensor,,,,then upper lower ball joints...god knows what is next, very unreliable vehicule,,,,,,i guess i bought a lemon :-(