1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
BLAZERSTILLKICKIN
By CHEVYGIRL8 on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had my Blazer since April of 1995. I have tried to trade the truck 2xs actually purchased a 2001 Pathfinder LE and went to get my Blazer back. The truck has needed maintenance:EGR problems,exhaust,brakes etc--all happened to me after truck was out of warranty--called Chevy to discuss and Chevy did refund part of the bill. This truck has never left me stranded in 8 yrs. It's putted home from NYC to Philadelphia but it always makes it home. Pickup and vortec are powerful. This truck performed better that a Pathfinder with 240 horsepower compared to Blazer's 190. Also terrific gas mileage for an SUV (15" wheels help). I think I'll keep it.

Good Looks Bad Personality
By brianku1 on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

The Blazer looks really nice but buyer beware of good looks. I have had to replace the EGR valve twice. I had to have brake work done for 1,500. The transmission needed an overhaul for 2,000. Then the spider on the fuel pump went out. I am not waiting around to find out what will break next. I feel like I should send it off a cliff so no one has to go through all this again.

Let's see......
By Blazerowner on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I now have 104,000 miles on my Blazer LT. I bought the veh. with 6,000 miles on it and have replaced every thing from wiper motors to fuel injectors. Just when you enjoy a period of peaceful motoring, something crops up! The suv is great in the snow and rides nice. Just wish it were not such a money pit. Would be hard pressed to buy another Blazer. Redesigned or not.

No Thanks on Blazers
By swick on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

The quality and reliability issues make them not worth the price paid. Very bad value.

Traded it in for a Honda
By BecRN on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV

The Blazer looked great. Performance was always dependable in snow. But always something needing repair or replacement. And a very thirsty SUV. Rear visabilty obstructed with spare tire on back. I traded my Blazer in with 56,000 miles after 7 years and it was falling apart for no reason. It was cheaper to carry a new car payment then to upkeep the Blazer.

Worst Chevy Ever Owned
By Ken Harper on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I'm on my-no less than-5th EGR valve! And 4 or 5 other problems related to carbon build-up. Talks with GM determined that they just don't care that they produced a lemon. They extended warr on egr to 75,000 miles, but won't solve the cause of the problem. Bought new and babied. Wish some good lawyer would file suit against Chevy and GM. re:EGR problem!!!

very powerful
By blazin212002 on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV

i use my blazer for my security company.If a guard needs my help i'm there as fast as i can. The truck is very powerful good i turns acceleration beats every other suv of the same class. Ofcourse every alt,gaspump,waterpump,and many other AC DELCO parts go bad after 100,000 miles. but look at Fords and Jeeps not even 40,000 miles the engine blows {i've had a couple new ones}.Ihave 160,000 miles!!

Our 1995 Blazer
By Traci & Rob on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought our Blazer used with 72,000km on it and have had several major problems right from the begining. Transmission(shift kit), water pump, alternator, a/c condensor, brakes are spongey, universal joints. Starts off in 2nd gear since having the transmission fixed the first time. Alot of O2 sensors. All I can say is thank God for having an extended warranty.

Blazer
By jrm on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

I bought the blazer brand new and have put close to 260000 miles on it with relatively few problems. I have replaced the O2 sensor, water pump, and the alternator. Not to bad for that many miles.

no better ride
By chevyrocks on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I got my blzer in November of 2001 and I love it. Ive had very few problems with it. When I got it ithad 100,000 miles on it and now it has 240,000 miles on it. Itis great off road and in the ice and snow. Great car for a long road trip or someone who is going to college. lots of cargo room!