Used 1995 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Great SUV!
By Great SUV!!

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned my Blazer for almost 11 years, and I am the original owner. With 218,000+ miles what can I say? We have had a recurring problem with the EGR valve and oxygen sensor but other than routine repairs we have had no problems. Replaced the main belt at 125,000 miles and finally replaced the muffler system at 210,000 miles. Also replaced the fuel pump at 212,000 miles. Rest of the equipment is still original.

Towing capacity, and folding seats lay flat, unlike current SUVs. Comfortable to drive, and a very reliable SUV!

Could have had better emissions system. Gas mileage is terrible, but what can you expect with an older SUV?

Boo
By J.B.

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

The worst thing I ever did was buy a beautifully kept up Blazer for a move across country. After over $1,000 in repairs before I got out of town (brakes, brakes, new radiator, brakes again.. egr shmee-g-r, oil change, etc) and another $350 on the road, in the middle of nowhere, for a new fuel pump, the thing lasted only 5 months thru the winter (without 4WD, which wouldnt work) before the engine blew. This car was very well taken care of by the previous owner and myself. Who knew? I knew there was a reason my Dad made that face when I said I was buying a Chevy. I guess after the Citation in the '80's he knew what was up.

This is a nice-looking, comfortable vehicle which, when it runs well, is great to drive.

They only made that engine for one year, so that's fixed, but brakes and the push button 4WD. I have also heard that the tranny goes bad quick. Mine was close.

Reliable vehicle with few flaws
By Kurt Anderson

1995 Chevrolet Blazer 2dr SUV 4WD

I've owned my Blazer for 10 years now, original owner. The vehicle has proven to be very reliable, good off road, great towing, and nice on the highways. If I had to do it again, I would still buy this car. The car does have it's design problems: (1) every 40k I've had to pay $350 to get an emmissions valve replaced -- frustrating, (2) even though I have a heavy duty alternator package I've had to replace the battery 3 times -- again frustrating.

Folding back seat -- lays down completely flat. Acceleration -- plenty of torque to beat most all cars off a stop-light.

Emissions control valve -- annoyed that it has to be replaced every 40k miles, otherwise the engine idles terribly.

10 Years Old & Still Running Strong
By Carlos

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

With 182,000 miles this car has seved the family exceptionally well. Only a new tranny at 140,000 miles and the usual maintenance. Great in the snow and no problems what so ever with the AWD. Comfort and reliable to the max.

Reliable, No body rust, looks almost new a t10 yrs old. You CAN count on it.

Maybe a longer lasting tranny.

Needs many improvements
By kneebs

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

I have to put a lot of money in the car just go keep it in running condition. There always seems to be something wrong with it. I had to replace the transmission, the brakes a couple times, couple electrical problems. replace egr valve and fuel pump. I dont know what's gonna go wrong next.

Good in snow and all weather conditions

Fix carbon buildup problem. Make more reliable