1995 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Dont Ever Think About Buying One
By Big Bad Bob on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer 4dr SUV 4WD

Ive reploaced the engine twice plus 1 transmission, 1 AC compressor, 1 rad, 1 water pump, ball joints, 1 catalytic converter, o2 sensor. Now all I need to fix is the brakes the funny clonking noise the interior rattle and the noisy fuel pump and it should be OK! I cant believe GM ever thought it was acceptable to sell it.

love my Blazer
By mfree on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is great in snow and has been very dependable. It has required minimal maintenance and has not rusted in with all these salty roads.

Chevy needs to improve blazers
By Laredmun on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

i bought this 95 blazer LT with 123K i've only had to fix the brakes on it and replace two rotors the engine seems to lack power. the MPG is 16-17 ouch that hurts but other than that my blazer has performed well now it has 138K

A great all around SUV
By jaredmsd on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my Blazer, it has wonderful power and has more get-up-and-go than my new 4Runner that has 60 more hp. The interior fits perfectly and is comfortable. I also like the truck features like the 4-Lo and the rear hatch door that lays flat like a pick- up. The cargo space and floor length is still unbeatable in a midsize SUV (try finding a midsize SUV with a floor length greater than 6 ft.). Like others, I've had problems with my fuel/exhaust system.. I have replaced the EGR valve and the fuel injector. I have 144,000 miles though and it is still running like a champ. I've never been stranded on the side of the road, and I've never been stuck in snow.

It has been a good vehicle
By mgates on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

Bought new,still like its looks; not big,dark back windows,nice wheels. Excellent paint,red/tan leather,attractive.ERG valve problems twice.Freeze plug leaked coolant.Replaced the fuel pump.The brakes have fadded several times after alot of stopping with a full load of people.Bigger brakes are needed. The ride is much better than an Explorer or other SUVs available in 95. I like the tail gate. Good for sitting on to put on golf shoes,carrying long items. It has excellent capicity in the rear for tennis bags, golf bags, building materials, gardening materials. Since narrow 68", it fits in smaller garages and parking spaces.

Like a Rock........Not a chance
By leecirocco on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer 2dr SUV 4WD

Wow.....I thought this car was a great deal but so far it has only been a great expense. We purchased it with only 50,000 miles and in excellent condition. In one year we have had to replace the muffler, the fuel pump (this repair took two attempts) the fuel sending unit, A/C compressor, Heater core, thermostat, clutch fan, rear window shocks...I think that's all! Currently we have an overheating problem that the shop can not seem to identify.

pimped vehicle
By Travis7 on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had a good time driving this vehicle and it has been very fun and reliable

She's still a ticking...
By PrincesManda on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

An excellent car going on 138K miles. Outside, as well as inside is still looking great-- exterior & interior looks like it just came off the lot. We did have to replace the transmission, fuel pump, water pump, ABS went out (still has power brakes though) and a few other things. ...She's still running good, but I think at 138K miles, she's almost ready for a new engine and a rest home. Overall though, good car and still wouldn't hesitate to take her across the country.

SUV of the Year 1995?
By mark the shark on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Ist day I owned my new black '95, a fuse blew in the fuse box, killed all the interior lights,dealer said it needed a whole new light "module"--they kept it for 3 weeks with less than 600 miles on it. The part was on back order due to a strike at chevy.When I got it back, the integrity of the interior panels were compromised by removal during repair. There were numerous re-calls on various parts needing replacement. I had never owned a chevy that had been recalled so many times.

Well...
By dreddy on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Lots of power. Reliability left something to be desired (b/c first year for this body style?). Stopping power was atrocious (main reason I got rid of this car). Smooth shifting automatic transmission. If towing heavy trailer (over 2000 lbs), recommend load balancing hitch (rear of car was uncomfortably low with 4600 lb load). Anti-lock brakes sound like a dying moose. Another reason for selling was I missed having a car (better handling, gas mileage).