Used 1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Nice SUV
By dx2view

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Love the 4 wheel drive, and it tows very well with a 3500 lb boat. Trans changed out at about 55000, but that's about all the issues.

Very easy to manuver; cold a/c

Poor Choice for family vehicle
By ms.sills

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Anything that could go wrong with this vehicle did go wrong. Although I was religious about regular maintance, there were always problems. Major Transmission problems, Major Brake problems and constant AC problems. I spent a good $3000 a year fixing and refixing the constant problems. I'm not buying another one of these vehicles ever again

Inside comfort

Improve reliablitity

This Truck is the Greatest
By CHEVY FOR LIFE

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Haven't had truck that long, had a few simple fixes (blinkers, rear windsheild wiper motor) and engine has a high idle when at operating temp. Other than that I love that little truck and it packs a lot more power than Explorers. They have no power whatsoever. My Dad has a '93 with 280,000 and tranny just began to slip in overdrive. Amazing trucks

I love everything about it

Maybe a little better 4x4. Doesnt always engage

Never Again
By Neveragain

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This was the worst car I have ever owed. I was stranded many times due do the EGR issue. I have 16 service write-ups for the same issue and this does not include the times I had to immediately return to dealer because problem was not fixed or car died when exiting dealers service area. This vehicle was purchased new and it was a piece of junk. When I finally got rid of it I had to have it towed to the dealer. This was a common problem that GM was aware and they were not helpful.

Color (White)

Get every one of these off the streets. They should not be allowed to resell them.

Blazer
By chevy blazer

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Blazer for $1800 and put 10,000 miles on it. So far $850 for tranny rebuild. Fuel pump put on before I got it. 4wd works when it wants to. Shake the wires on transfer case sometimes works. EGR no good but you can buy a piece of screen wire from dealer for $16-20 that will reduce carbon build up. Gas mileage in city between 10 or 12 miles to gallon. Gets 17 or 18 mpg on highway. Brakes are no good. On slick surfaces they pulsate and make an awful racket. I guess it is a very poor ABS system. Not to mention I got truck for $1800 because tail lights would not work. Looks nice with $150 exhaust I had to put on because muffer rusted apart. Trim is starting to come off now.

I like my new tires and my Geo Prism that gets 30 miles to the gallon. Balance gas mileage cost between the Geo and the Blazer and I probably average 20 mpg.

Better brakes that stop faster while your sliding. Gas mileage improvments and better working 4WD would be nice. My mechanic said he put back better parts in tranny. Hope it holds up. Better visabilty around vehicle would be nice.