Used 1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

13+ years with one family owner
By DonnaMarie

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle has no rust - either garaged or in Florida; I had very little mileage on it until 2005 - but now have about 195,000 miles on it (almost all highway miles). Put brakes on it (my driving?), a couple alternators and anything needed to care for a vehicle that has been dependable and took me anyplace I wanted to go. USA Chevy family!

Favorite Features

High enough that don't have to worry about hitting anything, lots of room and feels safe.

Why did i buy this?
By Nick

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

I bought this truck for $2,500 back in 2006. I have put money into it than what I bought it for. Brakes 3 times, and they're going again, water pump, heater core, ABS brakes don't work, 4wd doesn't work. Seat motor died, driver side window motor is dying. Both mirrors don't work electronically. Also, I had to replace my washer fluid pump, but the back windsheild washer still doesn't work, also replaced exhaust. Also, the frame rusts and paint chips off. Bad MPG as well. Word of advice...don't ever ever ever buy one unless you have the money and patience to maintain it

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, been in 9 accidents and is built very solid, great room, holds all my friends, family, pets, and sports equipment

Suggested Improvements

Fix exhaust problems, fix 4wd problems, fix rust problems, better mpg

Comfortable Ride with Poor Relability
By Melissa Martin

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought a clean, well maintained car in good shape with 196K and I'm now at 230K. I've replaced:heater control switch,4X4 switch, wiper delay module,complete exhaust (inc. catalytic convertor & 02 sensors), brakes & lines, EGR valve,ECM,ignition wires,cap & rotor,fuel filter & tires. The truck also needs a gas tank & sending unit,front wheel bearing and a driver side door lock. Thank god my boyfriend is a mechanic - otherwise I would hate this car. Parts-wise its costing a fortune. I bought it cheap but I'm paying for it. Don't buy this car used if you want something reliable. Look to something like a Toyota Rav4, I wish I did! A comfortable but expensive ride with poor gas mileage(16-20mpg)

Favorite Features

Power drivers seats, visibility and height, fold down rear seats, plenty of room for passengers in the back, 4WD in the snow and ice and good power for towing.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the build quality. For a car that was in good shape, everything is falling apart after 200K & it can be scary. When the heater control switch failed I had smoke curling out of the dash! Gas mileage could definitely be better. At current prices its a little expensive for highway drives

Almost perfect
By surfnantucket

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought my Blazer in 1998 and still use as my primary vehicle. Paid $15,000 and it had 32,000 miles on it. I have replaced the transfer case, I am on my third gas tank, 1 alternator, 2 EGR valves, On my 4th fuel pump, 2 batteries, 1 heater core, 1 Engine (my fault), 2 sets of oil cooling lines, 2 front brake jobs, I now have a problem with a fuel sensor, it comes and goes, light comes on and then goes off, runs bad then runs good? Body is rusting now but thats driving up and down the beach all spring, summer and fall plus New England winters. For the most part it starts 99.9 percent of the time and holds lots of snowboards and beach stuff.

Favorite Features

Looks good, comfortable, 4X4 works awesome, handles very well in snow, street, and sand.

Suggested Improvements

Gas tank. Chevy needs to buy American metal to make gas tanks, the metal they have now is very cheesy.

Fantastic
By ineedgasrightnow

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This car is amazing. It has lasted thirteen years of merciless punishment, and come out spotless. I live in the mountains, and my car has to deal with storms, mudslides, fallen trees, potholes, and deer.

Favorite Features

It's low enough that you don't have to baby it like other SUVs, but high enough to clear anything you need to get over

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage