1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Great SUV!
By Great SUV!! on 09/19/06 08:50 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned my Blazer for almost 11 years, and I am the original owner. With 218,000+ miles what can I say? We have had a recurring problem with the EGR valve and oxygen sensor but other than routine repairs we have had no problems. Replaced the main belt at 125,000 miles and finally replaced the muffler system at 210,000 miles. Also replaced the fuel pump at 212,000 miles. Rest of the equipment is still original.

Boo
By J.B. on 09/12/06 18:13 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

The worst thing I ever did was buy a beautifully kept up Blazer for a move across country. After over $1,000 in repairs before I got out of town (brakes, brakes, new radiator, brakes again.. egr shmee-g-r, oil change, etc) and another $350 on the road, in the middle of nowhere, for a new fuel pump, the thing lasted only 5 months thru the winter (without 4WD, which wouldnt work) before the engine blew. This car was very well taken care of by the previous owner and myself. Who knew? I knew there was a reason my Dad made that face when I said I was buying a Chevy. I guess after the Citation in the '80's he knew what was up.

Reliable vehicle with few flaws
By Kurt Anderson on 02/12/06 13:36 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

I've owned my Blazer for 10 years now, original owner. The vehicle has proven to be very reliable, good off road, great towing, and nice on the highways. If I had to do it again, I would still buy this car. The car does have it's design problems: (1) every 40k I've had to pay $350 to get an emmissions valve replaced -- frustrating, (2) even though I have a heavy duty alternator package I've had to replace the battery 3 times -- again frustrating.

10 Years Old & Still Running Strong
By Carlos on 12/01/05 12:19 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

With 182,000 miles this car has seved the family exceptionally well. Only a new tranny at 140,000 miles and the usual maintenance. Great in the snow and no problems what so ever with the AWD. Comfort and reliable to the max.

Needs many improvements
By kneebs on 09/23/05 06:20 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV

I have to put a lot of money in the car just go keep it in running condition. There always seems to be something wrong with it. I had to replace the transmission, the brakes a couple times, couple electrical problems. replace egr valve and fuel pump. I dont know what's gonna go wrong next.

Good car, likes gas though
By Phil on 08/04/05 01:43 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been a great car, It handles nicely for an SUV, and it runs like a champ. I love the V6 and 4WD, and the leather interior is awesome. It's my black beauty!

This is an expensive car to take care of
By Stacey Klein on 08/02/05 10:48 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought a Blazer when I was pregnant with my first child. At first it was comfortable. Not a month went by that the Check Engine LIght didn't come on. This SUV has been in and out of the garage for so many things that we had to open up a savings account just to put money aside for repairs. The 4x4 doesn't work, heater core went twice, ABS is horrible in snow. The only thing I can say is that the leather interior was nice and the outside was sharp looking. The thing just was a money pit and I had to get rid of it.

Throwing My Money Away
By disappointed on 07/08/05 22:16 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

By far the worst car I have ever owned. I bought it with 80,000 miles on it, and it was great for 15,000 miles and then the problems started. Distributor wires, the infamous EGR valve 3 times, fan clutch, tension pulley, power brake booster, master cylinder, exhaust, etc. Pretty much the same problems as others have with this car. It now sits in my driveway waiting to be fixed again. It has a rough idle and almost stalls, the brakes randomly stop working, and the exhaust sounds horrible. Last time I really drove it was in January. This is the first and last GM vehicle I will ever own.

Great first vehicle
By nlv007 on 04/11/05 16:05 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This was my first vehicle, and I have not been dissapointed one bit! Interior is nicely designed, it does great in the snow, and it has been very reliable. The only major repair I've had to make is replacing the gas tank after it rotted out from too many Ohio winters. My Blazer does everything I want, and takes me everywhere I need to go.

Very Disappointed!
By Steve on 03/25/05 04:12 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

This was by far the worst vehicle I've ever owned. I sold it with 68,000 miles on it. The battery leaked, and it had ECU sensor problems. After having the transmission removed and repaired once, it needed to be replaced. Then, that transmission failed. It wore out three sets of front brake pads and a set of ball joints, aAll in 68,000 miles. This vehicle was driven to and from work daily, not hard miles.