1995 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Why did i buy this?
By Nick on 04/09/08 18:45 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

I bought this truck for $2,500 back in 2006. I have put money into it than what I bought it for. Brakes 3 times, and they're going again, water pump, heater core, ABS brakes don't work, 4wd doesn't work. Seat motor died, driver side window motor is dying. Both mirrors don't work electronically. Also, I had to replace my washer fluid pump, but the back windsheild washer still doesn't work, also replaced exhaust. Also, the frame rusts and paint chips off. Bad MPG as well. Word of advice...don't ever ever ever buy one unless you have the money and patience to maintain it

Shari review
By Shari Votava on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

It is fun to drive, it handles good and is a great vehicle to drive.

It has been a good vehicle
By mgates on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

Bought new,still like its looks; not big,dark back windows,nice wheels. Excellent paint,red/tan leather,attractive.ERG valve problems twice.Freeze plug leaked coolant.Replaced the fuel pump.The brakes have fadded several times after alot of stopping with a full load of people.Bigger brakes are needed. The ride is much better than an Explorer or other SUVs available in 95. I like the tail gate. Good for sitting on to put on golf shoes,carrying long items. It has excellent capicity in the rear for tennis bags, golf bags, building materials, gardening materials. Since narrow 68", it fits in smaller garages and parking spaces.

Blazer
By jrm on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

I bought the blazer brand new and have put close to 260000 miles on it with relatively few problems. I have replaced the O2 sensor, water pump, and the alternator. Not to bad for that many miles.

beware of this truck
By Pinky on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

if your buying a used blazer from a dealer take it else were to get it certified, the one that i bought (supposed to have been cerified) had next to no brakes.....changed the fuel pump, egr valve.oxygene sensor,now my abs is acting up.........i DO NOT trust this truck to go out of town with....but it looks good and that is it...so beware people.not a good investment.....

Unreliable SUV
By NItia on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

I bought this truck used in April 2001. Ever since, this truck has been nothing but TROUBLE! The EGR vavle went twice,the truck's main computer("brain") went,the fuel pump& tank went and needed to be replaced,all six fuses blew out,and those also needed to be replaced twice, plus I needed to add front and rear brakes amung MANY OTHER things that all failed in the matter of 1 year. I've put well over $2500 worth of work on this truck and now my transmission is going, the car won't go past 5 mpr and the speedometer does'nt work sometimes. I cant wait to pay this off and get a new truck. I will NEVER buy a blazer again! Think before you do!!!!