Used 1995 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Chevrolet Blazer
By Kie

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car in 2008 because it was decently priced for a 4WD. I live in Montana where it snows half the year and I needed 4WD to be able to get out of my driveway every day to go to school. This was my first car and for about the first year it was good. The only problem I had with it was the alternator, which went bad. Its 4WD is awesome... I could get out of any drifts or ditches I was in. But then problems came at around 120,000 miles. My catalytic converter went out and I had that taken out, and my EGR valve has a build-up of carbon. Every week for the last month and a half I have been having to clean out the EGR valve. My Blazer got about 12 mpg... which is terrible.

Favorite Features

I love how the seats in the back fold down, and how much storage space there is in the center console. The seats are broken in so they are very comfortable and the 4WD is very reliable!

Suggested Improvements

I would say that it needs better gas mileage, but it is a 4WD.

One of My Favorites
By Venom274

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

My Blazer isn't actually a 4x4, it's one of the few 95's with AWD. I absolutely Love this truck. its currently my project. I honestly think it's a lot more reliable than what people say it is for I haven't had that many problems with it. The few things that did go like a fuel pump or pcv valve is expected at 160k miles. Other than that I am a huge off-road/muddying enthusiast and the blazer withstands its abuse and handles great while also maintaining a great grip on the road in wet conditions. I can take corners in the rain like its dry weather. the blazers body stabilizers make the blazer what it is. I'm never getting rid of it.

Favorite Features

the all wheel drive feature (even though it is full time AWD) Stock sound system (excluding head unit) sounds great. Body stabilizers for reduced body roll. Such a great V6 engine.

Suggested Improvements

only improvements would be a stronger rear differential package

Reliable and Fun
By Fasttac

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car from my grandfather. He really never treated it well, but never drove it into the ground. He neglected the oil changes and annual services. I got it at 92,000 mi. It needs a new EGR valve and AC compressor but other than that it runs great. I have had to replace the basic stuff (plugs,wires,fuel filter, etc) but it is super reliable. I think mine is the same as the 98-newer ZR2 package. 4x4 is reliable. The dislikes i have is the EGR valve. Mine is failing and causing it to run extremely rich. I also don't like the fuel gauge. It is so stupid because it goes up and down when i press the gas and brake. It also needs a pair of coil springs in front. i'll buy the same one

Favorite Features

off road readiness. cushy ride.

Suggested Improvements

EGR design. new fuel gauge design. coil springs on front. shocks aren't good springs....

ok chevy
By ok chevy

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

had a 92 chevy astro had to sell that piece of junk so my dad loaned me his winter beater it was good the first year beat the crap out of it, it still runs the 4.3 is underpowered with a full load by myself it hauls the leather seats are hard 5'10'' i fit perfectly in it if i was any taller i would be uncomfortable

Favorite Features

4x4

Suggested Improvements

nothing

300k Miles!
By Bill

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought vehicle as a lease return in 1997. With regular maintenance have had very few problems. Original engine and transmission! Driven all over the US. Repairs include oil coolant lines (3), starter (2), freeze plugs (2). front brakes (many). Only issue are coolant lines and having to put new rotors on with almost every brake change. 19mpg combined. Starting to get expensive to repair. Last 3 months-Shocks, ball joints, alternator. Overall very happy with the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Comfort (I'm a big guy).

Suggested Improvements

Better oil coolant lines/connectors.