1994 Chevrolet Blazer 5.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - The Blaze

1994 Chevrolet Blazer Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

The Blaze
By Abe on

1994 Chevrolet Blazer Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Having owned a 1978 K5 2 door in my teens, when it came time to upsize (from a 99 ZR2), I knew what I wanted. I chose the last year of the 2 door Blazer. I found a maroon/grey Sport with the "floor shift" 4X4 and the 350 V8. All in all, I LOVE it. After buying it I realized it was lacking in the "up-and-go" dept, but it had plenty of torque for pulling my 20'3500lb boat. So, I added a K&N FIPK Gen II, upgraded the plugs and wires, and installed a Flowmaster with a 3" single outlet. None of that made a huge difference untill I changed the fuel filter. Now the Blaze moves like no other 3000lb beast. I'm already saving for a new motor and tranny when needed.

Favorite Features

The "Sport" package looks TOUGH. It handles good w/o too much body roll in the corners, although, I wouldn't push it. I can't really think of too much I would change to the appearance of this SUV. IMO, one of the best looking trucks on the road!

Suggested Improvements

Interior is crappy from the factory. I've always thought Chevy interiors were cheaply made. The plastic buttons break and crack, and the red interior fades to a nice shade of pink after 11 years. The dash is not very user friendly.