1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
4X4 Blazer owners UNITE!
By bulabula on 06/30/06 08:28 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

Wow, simply an amazing truck. I have had mine for about a year now and it's the best truck I have had yet. Although the 5.7 does use a bit too much gas, it still does great for what I need it to do. It has no problem pulling either. I haul 2000 square foot hardwood floors which are very heavy and it drives like there's nothing behind me. I also do some off roading with the addition of 285/75/R16 Goodyear tires it still gets the average to poor gas mileage but it does great off road or in the mud. All in all I would say this is by far the greatest truck I have owned. All it takes is care. Change the oil and check the engine regularly and this truck is good for 200,000 miles easy.

The Blaze
By Abe on 12/18/05 15:03 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Having owned a 1978 K5 2 door in my teens, when it came time to upsize (from a 99 ZR2), I knew what I wanted. I chose the last year of the 2 door Blazer. I found a maroon/grey Sport with the "floor shift" 4X4 and the 350 V8. All in all, I LOVE it. After buying it I realized it was lacking in the "up-and-go" dept, but it had plenty of torque for pulling my 20'3500lb boat. So, I added a K&N FIPK Gen II, upgraded the plugs and wires, and installed a Flowmaster with a 3" single outlet. None of that made a huge difference untill I changed the fuel filter. Now the Blaze moves like no other 3000lb beast. I'm already saving for a new motor and tranny when needed.

My truck
By Zach Spowart on 10/23/05 20:10 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I love this truck. 135,000 with no problems ever. just change the oil every 3,000 miles and have always enjoyed it

Big Black Blazer
By Chris North on 06/28/05 16:06 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Has 120k miles on it and I have been driving it for a year and a half now. "Like a Rock" as they said when It was new, was no lie. It's never let me down, and it looks great with charcoal accents and 32's. Besides the wheels and a better CD stereo, it is stock. Slight puff of smoke on startup but that is the valve seals and hurts nothing. Does not use a drop of oil. Only downside is '94 was the last year of that awful "jet inspired" dash layout. Too many buttons, not rotary dials. Kind of cheap plastic. Transmissions need to be babied. ie: Take it out of overdrive when in hilly areas under about 45mph. If the tranny "hunts for gears", thats bad for it. All in all though, I do highly recommend it

The perfect Teen car
By ESAPOZ on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

This car is just amazing. Fun to drive and the perfect size. The perfect car for teens. Fuel economy is average to poor, but the car is worth it.

My Biggin is a good one!!
By Howard hodges on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle has twice pulled a 5,000lbs Ford truck and dual wheeled trailer across the United States. The 350 Chevy engine to this day does not use oil or smoke, it is a little weaker as a result of the miles but a replacement will take care of the problem allowing me to drive this vehicle well into the 2010 time frame. I am planning on removing the rear seat and putting bucket seats and a center console with storage and audio equipment. Replace the engine and electronic system with and upgrade along with a supercharger, and look out Fords and Dodge the Biggin will be at it again. Thanks Chevrolet for building such a great vehicle.

94 Sport
By enzo-at-home on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

A classic Blazer:2dr,350/5spd! At 175000 Body is great. Interior is OK but drivers side seatback broke & needs total replacem't. Orig tranny replaced at 95K then rebuilt at 173K. ABS light stays on. Rear window defroster quit; [wiring breaks at liftgate] She's a good ol' beast that keeps on goin'

Great SUV
By brod on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

My 1994 Blazer is one of the best SUV's around. I have no promblem getting anywhere with the powerful 5.7 liter V8. Definately one to look for if you want a great used SUV!

Black Sport
By Bluebandit78 on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I love this truck. Had some troubles, trans went (2nd one) SES light comes on. Handles, runs great for 168,000 miles. Second paint job. this thing has been good to me. It has typical gm truck problems but no big deal. I would recommend a 95 or newer to most people.

Pleased but need bigger
By 94 Blazer on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

The only large repair that Ive had was a faulty distributer. Its been very reliable.