Used 1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Lives up to its name,Thug,Beast of beauty
By lynn86

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

I love my truck! Bought it in winter of 2010. Some repairs done, I have minor rust around tips of body. Handles like the dickins. 191209 Kms as of now.I have a question though, anybody know why the speedometer occasionally jumps back and forth, other wise this truck is built likeck. a rock. Im starting on the rust today, Ill say it again *I love my truck! I dont like driving in cars, I feel too close to the ground.

Favorite Features

Everything.

Suggested Improvements

I may have trouble finding my color Teal after I sand and prime, If I had the funds I would do the whole truck over in the same color.

Beats the hell outta Broncos
By nate

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

My dad bought this truck brand new in 1994. Looks just like the picture on this website. I always told him once I turn 16 I'm getting the truck and sure enough I got it. This beast surely is like a rock. My friend has a 94 bronco and we hooked chains. I pulled him all around his own driveway! Id like to put a 4 inch suspension on it and a solid front axle but im happy with it the way it is. Shes got a 150,000 miles and runs as good as the day my dad bought it. Id recommend this thing over any truck cuz nothing can compare to a k5. I wish they would have kept making these instead of converting them to tahoes.

Favorite Features

Love 4 wheel drive. never gets stuck

Suggested Improvements

none. fine just how it is

Runs amazingly at over 200k miles now
By Lisa

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

So far had my trans rebuilt a few years ago which failed at 18 mo. (warranty was only 1 year), then had a NEW rebuilt trans installed and has been fine for 2 + years. Clear coat peeling off in various areas, although the custom paint job still looks great overall. I use mine to haul a haul an aluminum 2-horse trailer (added hitch/brake controller) and so far so good as I only do limited hauling. Have 217k miles now. Engine seems just as strong as it was when I bought it at 3 years old. Great truck despite 13 mpg gas mileage.

Favorite Features

4x4 - sure helps when needed!

Suggested Improvements

A ladder on the front grill? LOL I'm only 5'1" tall and I have to climb up onto the bumper to check the oil or add fluids. oh the black rubber on the spare tire bracket melted into a sticky mess that gets all over everything!

GM makes the best veicals in the world
By johnny no goode

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

Chevy trucks last forever, I have owned a bronco and a ram and they stunk. I have always been a gm fan and when I got this truck I discovered how right was. Fuel economy aside, I got this truck at 98.000 was15, ooo over the oil change bought it anyway put little work into it a she still rides like a dream I actually flipped it on its drivers side an a pile of mud got a gmc truck pulled back over the next day and drove off the field this truck just will not die I drove in 4 feet of water and it didn't stall for over a mile. The best truck I ever had it now has 139.000 and its still running strong I been beating the hell out of it about 50, ooo miles just keep up motor and it will do another 138.00

Favorite Features

everything, will not die it got the vortec v6 automatic it's the 4 door s- 10 tahoe

Suggested Improvements

Mpg stinks but what do you expect from a 15 year old truck w/ a v6 four wheel drive works but you have to play with it for a few, I hardly ever see a auto 4wd that works im about to switch it back to the old fashioned way. It might be a pain sometimes but it will work forever

Built to last
By Ghess

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 94' with 240,000 kms on bf Goodrich mud terrain tires 4 years ago. Now at 306,000 kms and still on same tires, original engine and trans. So much fun to drive. Worth the gas price. I've had two radiators, an alternator, battery, front ball joints and tie rods and my driveshaft wore out so I had that refurbished. But still a great truck, like no other 2 door truck on the market today. Complaints are rear defog wire breaks off from window, and laying the back seats down for moving stuff its awkward to reach in with the tailgate down. I would prefer "barn" style doors but that's a small complaint. Beware my truck is 6,4" tall on 32" tires. Most rooftop/underground prkg. Is 6,4" to 6,6"