1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Lives up to its name,Thug,Beast of beauty
By lynn86 on 07/26/11 07:46 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

I love my truck! Bought it in winter of 2010. Some repairs done, I have minor rust around tips of body. Handles like the dickins. 191209 Kms as of now.I have a question though, anybody know why the speedometer occasionally jumps back and forth, other wise this truck is built likeck. a rock. Im starting on the rust today, Ill say it again *I love my truck! I dont like driving in cars, I feel too close to the ground.

Beats the hell outta Broncos
By nate on 02/13/10 15:17 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

My dad bought this truck brand new in 1994. Looks just like the picture on this website. I always told him once I turn 16 I'm getting the truck and sure enough I got it. This beast surely is like a rock. My friend has a 94 bronco and we hooked chains. I pulled him all around his own driveway! Id like to put a 4 inch suspension on it and a solid front axle but im happy with it the way it is. Shes got a 150,000 miles and runs as good as the day my dad bought it. Id recommend this thing over any truck cuz nothing can compare to a k5. I wish they would have kept making these instead of converting them to tahoes.

Runs amazingly at over 200k miles now
By Lisa on 10/12/09 11:07 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

So far had my trans rebuilt a few years ago which failed at 18 mo. (warranty was only 1 year), then had a NEW rebuilt trans installed and has been fine for 2 + years. Clear coat peeling off in various areas, although the custom paint job still looks great overall. I use mine to haul a haul an aluminum 2-horse trailer (added hitch/brake controller) and so far so good as I only do limited hauling. Have 217k miles now. Engine seems just as strong as it was when I bought it at 3 years old. Great truck despite 13 mpg gas mileage.

GM makes the best veicals in the world
By johnny no goode on 07/28/09 07:41 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

Chevy trucks last forever, I have owned a bronco and a ram and they stunk. I have always been a gm fan and when I got this truck I discovered how right was. Fuel economy aside, I got this truck at 98.000 was15, ooo over the oil change bought it anyway put little work into it a she still rides like a dream I actually flipped it on its drivers side an a pile of mud got a gmc truck pulled back over the next day and drove off the field this truck just will not die I drove in 4 feet of water and it didn't stall for over a mile. The best truck I ever had it now has 139.000 and its still running strong I been beating the hell out of it about 50, ooo miles just keep up motor and it will do another 138.00

Built to last
By Ghess on 06/04/09 14:13 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 94' with 240,000 kms on bf Goodrich mud terrain tires 4 years ago. Now at 306,000 kms and still on same tires, original engine and trans. So much fun to drive. Worth the gas price. I've had two radiators, an alternator, battery, front ball joints and tie rods and my driveshaft wore out so I had that refurbished. But still a great truck, like no other 2 door truck on the market today. Complaints are rear defog wire breaks off from window, and laying the back seats down for moving stuff its awkward to reach in with the tailgate down. I would prefer "barn" style doors but that's a small complaint. Beware my truck is 6,4" tall on 32" tires. Most rooftop/underground prkg. Is 6,4" to 6,6"

I love this truck
By matthew on 03/17/09 00:50 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

I got my 94 full size Blazer from my dad when he got a new truck and he had it for 14 years and I have had it for one year and I have always wanted this truck I told him if he ever gets a new truck I want the Blazer and for the age of the vehicle and miles I must say it still runs good but sense this truck is 15 years old and has had long miles and off roading use it has needed a new axle broke it on a rock needs new transmission and engine but all because of the use it went threw but for 15 there has been nothing better. Everyone keeps saying its junk and its going to die soon and that I shouldn't put money into it and I said well u know but I love this truck and I will have it till I die.

Truck built as SUV!
By Eric on 09/04/08 15:01 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

This is by far the best vehicle I've ever had. 365,000 kms and nothing has gone wrong, a true tribute to Chevy. Completly stock and still works great! power is good, 4x4 is sick. An impressive vehicle.

Like a Rock
By Nate on 07/20/08 19:44 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

Runs great! Got it brand new in 94 still have and plan on keeping it. Has some minor problems that I can get fixed. But all in all its never failed me.

Can't Beat It!
By Blazer Blair on 10/13/07 19:48 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 94 Blazer Sport in July of 1994 and it now (10/07) is 13 years old with 212,000 miles. The best part about it is that it still runs like the day I bought it! The body looks great! I get compliments about it all the time. Yah, the gas mileage might not be the greatest, but everything else about the truck far out-shadows that. Most people will end up going through three vehicles by the time I need my second. I love my Blazer!

Great Used SUV for the Money
By MICHAEL on 07/27/07 16:40 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This is a great auto if your income won't allow you to buy new. It is really reliable. I've had some minor repairs, but nothing that broke the bank. It is a dream to drive in the winter in 4x4 mode! I have not fears of letting my girlfriend drive it in the snow! When my finance allow me to..I will buy another one...new!