Used 1994 Chevrolet Blazer Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

1994 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Can't Beat It!
By Blazer Blair

1994 Chevrolet Blazer Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 94 Blazer Sport in July of 1994 and it now (10/07) is 13 years old with 212,000 miles. The best part about it is that it still runs like the day I bought it! The body looks great! I get compliments about it all the time. Yah, the gas mileage might not be the greatest, but everything else about the truck far out-shadows that. Most people will end up going through three vehicles by the time I need my second. I love my Blazer!

Favorite Features

The engine is a stallion and after 13 years of existence, the body looks fantastic. I've never waxed it; but, after each wash, it still looks like it was just waxed. The paint on this year/make/model is amazing!

Suggested Improvements

I've had some trouble with my 4X4 switch-over. It never really locked in too well and I haven't used it for the past four-or-five years since I'm not confident of its reliability at this point of the truck's age.

Great Used SUV for the Money
By MICHAEL

1994 Chevrolet Blazer Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This is a great auto if your income won't allow you to buy new. It is really reliable. I've had some minor repairs, but nothing that broke the bank. It is a dream to drive in the winter in 4x4 mode! I have not fears of letting my girlfriend drive it in the snow! When my finance allow me to..I will buy another one...new!

Favorite Features

4x4. Spacious seating. Body style and design. High seating. Clear view thru the window all the way around.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy! It is a gas guzzler!

The Blaze
By Abe

1994 Chevrolet Blazer Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Having owned a 1978 K5 2 door in my teens, when it came time to upsize (from a 99 ZR2), I knew what I wanted. I chose the last year of the 2 door Blazer. I found a maroon/grey Sport with the "floor shift" 4X4 and the 350 V8. All in all, I LOVE it. After buying it I realized it was lacking in the "up-and-go" dept, but it had plenty of torque for pulling my 20'3500lb boat. So, I added a K&N FIPK Gen II, upgraded the plugs and wires, and installed a Flowmaster with a 3" single outlet. None of that made a huge difference untill I changed the fuel filter. Now the Blaze moves like no other 3000lb beast. I'm already saving for a new motor and tranny when needed.

Favorite Features

The "Sport" package looks TOUGH. It handles good w/o too much body roll in the corners, although, I wouldn't push it. I can't really think of too much I would change to the appearance of this SUV. IMO, one of the best looking trucks on the road!

Suggested Improvements

Interior is crappy from the factory. I've always thought Chevy interiors were cheaply made. The plastic buttons break and crack, and the red interior fades to a nice shade of pink after 11 years. The dash is not very user friendly.

My truck
By Zach Spowart

1994 Chevrolet Blazer Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I love this truck. 135,000 with no problems ever. just change the oil every 3,000 miles and have always enjoyed it

Favorite Features

Roomy interior

Big Black Blazer
By Chris North

1994 Chevrolet Blazer Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Has 120k miles on it and I have been driving it for a year and a half now. "Like a Rock" as they said when It was new, was no lie. It's never let me down, and it looks great with charcoal accents and 32's. Besides the wheels and a better CD stereo, it is stock. Slight puff of smoke on startup but that is the valve seals and hurts nothing. Does not use a drop of oil. Only downside is '94 was the last year of that awful "jet inspired" dash layout. Too many buttons, not rotary dials. Kind of cheap plastic. Transmissions need to be babied. ie: Take it out of overdrive when in hilly areas under about 45mph. If the tranny "hunts for gears", thats bad for it. All in all though, I do highly recommend it

Favorite Features

Looks are killer. Goes anywhere that's not too narrow. It's a 'real' Blazer with a 350 under the hood!

Suggested Improvements

Dash works, but pay attention what button you push. Transmission can be problem.