Used 1994 Chevrolet Blazer Silverado Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

1994 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Lives up to its name,Thug,Beast of beauty
By lynn86

1994 Chevrolet Blazer Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

I love my truck! Bought it in winter of 2010. Some repairs done, I have minor rust around tips of body. Handles like the dickins. 191209 Kms as of now.I have a question though, anybody know why the speedometer occasionally jumps back and forth, other wise this truck is built likeck. a rock. Im starting on the rust today, Ill say it again *I love my truck! I dont like driving in cars, I feel too close to the ground.

Favorite Features

Everything.

Suggested Improvements

I may have trouble finding my color Teal after I sand and prime, If I had the funds I would do the whole truck over in the same color.

Beats the hell outta Broncos
By nate

1994 Chevrolet Blazer Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

My dad bought this truck brand new in 1994. Looks just like the picture on this website. I always told him once I turn 16 I'm getting the truck and sure enough I got it. This beast surely is like a rock. My friend has a 94 bronco and we hooked chains. I pulled him all around his own driveway! Id like to put a 4 inch suspension on it and a solid front axle but im happy with it the way it is. Shes got a 150,000 miles and runs as good as the day my dad bought it. Id recommend this thing over any truck cuz nothing can compare to a k5. I wish they would have kept making these instead of converting them to tahoes.

Favorite Features

Love 4 wheel drive. never gets stuck

Suggested Improvements

none. fine just how it is

Runs amazingly at over 200k miles now
By Lisa

1994 Chevrolet Blazer Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

So far had my trans rebuilt a few years ago which failed at 18 mo. (warranty was only 1 year), then had a NEW rebuilt trans installed and has been fine for 2 + years. Clear coat peeling off in various areas, although the custom paint job still looks great overall. I use mine to haul a haul an aluminum 2-horse trailer (added hitch/brake controller) and so far so good as I only do limited hauling. Have 217k miles now. Engine seems just as strong as it was when I bought it at 3 years old. Great truck despite 13 mpg gas mileage.

Favorite Features

4x4 - sure helps when needed!

Suggested Improvements

A ladder on the front grill? LOL I'm only 5'1" tall and I have to climb up onto the bumper to check the oil or add fluids. oh the black rubber on the spare tire bracket melted into a sticky mess that gets all over everything!

Built to last
By Ghess

1994 Chevrolet Blazer Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 94' with 240,000 kms on bf Goodrich mud terrain tires 4 years ago. Now at 306,000 kms and still on same tires, original engine and trans. So much fun to drive. Worth the gas price. I've had two radiators, an alternator, battery, front ball joints and tie rods and my driveshaft wore out so I had that refurbished. But still a great truck, like no other 2 door truck on the market today. Complaints are rear defog wire breaks off from window, and laying the back seats down for moving stuff its awkward to reach in with the tailgate down. I would prefer "barn" style doors but that's a small complaint. Beware my truck is 6,4" tall on 32" tires. Most rooftop/underground prkg. Is 6,4" to 6,6"

I love this truck
By matthew

1994 Chevrolet Blazer Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

I got my 94 full size Blazer from my dad when he got a new truck and he had it for 14 years and I have had it for one year and I have always wanted this truck I told him if he ever gets a new truck I want the Blazer and for the age of the vehicle and miles I must say it still runs good but sense this truck is 15 years old and has had long miles and off roading use it has needed a new axle broke it on a rock needs new transmission and engine but all because of the use it went threw but for 15 there has been nothing better. Everyone keeps saying its junk and its going to die soon and that I shouldn't put money into it and I said well u know but I love this truck and I will have it till I die.

Favorite Features

all but needs paint job

Suggested Improvements

nothing, lol